Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks man, i will try. Im not a pro but will try.

You should probably verify by looking at kernel logs with debug VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

Another method. Removing BootGuardDxe on Dell machines will kick in Dell's Verified Boot which in turn will either brick the laptop or (hopefully) force a BIOS recovery from the hidden partition.

No, there's another backdoor, which has now been patched by BIOS 2.4.2. This is not the right forum to elaborate further here; suffice to say if you want to have modded BIOSes (with full options), patched VBIOS firmware and other macOS niceties such as DSDT/SSDT patches in firmware; stay on 2.3.1 or below.

I'm still investigating whether the SW1 mainboard short will allow BIOS downgrade; my concern is that 2.4.2 sets field programmable fuses (FPFs) which physically set hardware locks into the IC.
Any success with 2.5.0 one?

2.5.0 patches loopholes one step further unfortunately. And you still won't be able to revert to 2.3.x or below. Unless you really need the CPU microcode update (which I'm not sure if applicable to 7th gen and/or what it fixes) then please stay on 2.3.1 for now.

Hello,

I am planing to install HS on my 9360 and I am wondering which BIOS is the best? I have read the whole post and I downgraded to 1.3.5 but it seems that later BIOS are also good? What is recommended?

Thanks a lot for a well written post.

Hello,

I am planing to install HS on my 9360 and I am wondering which BIOS is the best? I have read the whole post and I downgraded to 1.3.5 but it seems that later BIOS are also good? What is recommended?

Thanks a lot for a well written post.
2.3.1 is suitable for daily use imho

Anyone who has Filevault 2 working on High Sierra? My keyboard isn't working when booting with Filevault Preboot..

I did a new Geekbench CPU-Benchmark with my i7 7500U. at Sierra the values were next to the values of the first posting of bozma88 .
since High Sierra 10.13.2 the results are:
Single-Core Score: 2676
Multi-Core Score: 5507

Does anyone have a fix for the "Bluetooth: Not Availible" showing up spontaneously after wake from sleep

Anyone who has Filevault 2 working on High Sierra? My keyboard isn't working when booting with Filevault Preboot..
So you just made a huge mistake. FileVault 2 is working just fine but the loader lacks the support for PS/2 controller. Most notebooks use PS/2 controllers for keyboard and trackpad so you're not able to type the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back