Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search Insydeh20 DVMT patching or something like that in this forum (sorry can't really remember which one), after u read the 1st post in this thread regarding the DVMT patching. Search result should returns a guide that can be loosely followed to do the patching.

Note that the Shell64U.efi which has setup_var functionality is not included in Clover by default.

DVMT.efi
has the setup_var command, replace your Shell64U.efi with it and start the EFI Shell through Clover tools.

Thanks, guys, the installer now boots but it's not recognizing my NVME drive, It's the SK Hynix PC3000 256GB NVME drive. I've done about an hours worth of Google searching, there seems to be several different ways to get the installer to recognize, is there a surefire way of making it work?

Thanks.

Thanks, guys, the installer now boots but it's not recognizing my NVME drive, It's the SK Hynix PC3000 256GB NVME drive. I've done about an hours worth of Google searching, there seems to be several different ways to get the installer to recognize, is there a surefire way of making it work?

Thanks.

Read here regarding Hynix and others: https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

I'm going to need some help locating SW1 on the board. No known schematics exist and some of the layouts have changed between the 9350 and 9360..;

Hi,

Thanks again for this awesome guide, I love MacOS on my 9360 ! I have some issues, though.
I can't get my Wifi card to works properly (DW1830, as I can't get a DW1560 for now). I have two (main) issues :

Bluetooth is not working (Tried Brcm Patch with Data in Clover or Repo in L/E or S/L/E... Doesn't change anything, Bluetooth doesn't appear in System Information, but is recognized in USB).
Also, when Brcm Patch is installed, the boot gets REALLY long (few minutes vs. ~half a minute without it).

The second issue is that Wifi is not really good (some pings drop). After sleep, it gets unusable until reboot (pings dropped or >1sec, sometimes no IP, sometimes all pings dropped).

I have joined my CLOVER folder. Also, I have the i7-7560U FHD version if that matters.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Attachments

• clover.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 86
  • Capture d’écran 2017-12-15 à 09.38.49.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-12-15 à 09.38.49.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks again for this awesome guide, I love MacOS on my 9360 ! I have some issues, though.
I can't get my Wifi card to works properly (DW1830, as I can't get a DW1560 for now). I have two (main) issues :

Bluetooth is not working (Tried Brcm Patch with Data in Clover or Repo in L/E or S/L/E... Doesn't change anything, Bluetooth doesn't appear in System Information, but is recognized in USB).
Also, when Brcm Patch is installed, the boot gets REALLY long (few minutes vs. ~half a minute without it).

The second issue is that Wifi is not really good (some pings drop). After sleep, it gets unusable until reboot (pings dropped or >1sec, sometimes no IP, sometimes all pings dropped).

I have joined my CLOVER folder. Also, I have the i7-7560U FHD version if that matters.

Thanks a lot for your help !

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Sorry about that, here you go :

Attachments

• debug_28188.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 76
I uninstalled them because of the long boot (also, with those, my USB devices aren't working at 1/2 boot).
Here's a new debug including those kexts.

I just noticed that my audio jack isn't working, but sounds (should) be installed properly, isn't it ?

Thanks again for your help, really appreciate it.

Attachments

• debug_3920.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 77
I uninstalled them because of the long boot (also, with those, my USB devices aren't working at 1/2 boot).
Here's a new debug including those kexts.

I just noticed that my audio jack isn't working, but sounds (should) be installed properly, isn't it ?

Thanks again for your help, really appreciate it.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I was able to install on my NVME drive but it's now hanging on boot after install after initializing iGPU, it looped

[IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #1

"Fixed" the loop by adding the " -disablegfxfirmware" boot flag but still hangs around the same time.

Inject intel is enabled in Clover, tried searching around, not too many similar cases, attached pic of the where it hangs and my clover folder.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20171216_013953.jpg
    IMG_20171216_013953.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 121
  • CLOVER.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back