Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Kernel Panic -- then again, none of @bozma88's configs worked for me either. I for some reason had to drop all my tables to make it work. Here is my config.plist

no need drop all tables
just add ACPI\DSDT\Fixes\FixHeaders_20000000\true

no need drop all tables
just add ACPI\DSDT\Fixes\FixHeaders_20000000\true

Note: A recent change I made to Clover allows "friendly" names for DSDT/Fixes.
So, config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true is the same as FixHeaders_20000000=true

@jkbuha I have QHD+ setup with i5. Your setup works perfectly, except some hiccups with bluetooth(@bozma88 mentioned that it plagues everyone and is to be expected), i.e. once in a while after wake bluetooth is corrupted and required cold reboot. I have toshiba nvme - is there anyway I can disable hackr-nvme kext from your setup?

Post your KP when you get a chance; want to see which kext(s) are failing.

Anyone else, please report back as well.
I have a KP ..
But I suppose I forgot to replace SSD NVME in the APCI/Patched folder.

When I plug my USB installer Key, I can't boot from it. It doesn't appears in the boot Option

But When I access you'r clover And I chose the Installer (on USB) It works.

I want to boot from my USB then My SSD. Any ideas to make it appears in the boot list (F12)
Thanks every one

Hi, jkbuha!
Is it clover config for full hd version or not? What is your current version of bios, and clover.
And one more, could you please post your kexts from s/l/e and l/e.

Thanks!

QHD/2.3.1/4302

The additional kexts I have are codecommander and a patched AppleHDA, both of which won't work if you use @bozma88's HDA files in the first post, which is why I have intentionally not put them here to avoid confusion.

@jkbuha I have QHD+ setup with i5. Your setup works perfectly, except some hiccups with bluetooth(@bozma88 mentioned that it plagues everyone and is to be expected), i.e. once in a while after wake bluetooth is corrupted and required cold reboot. I have toshiba nvme - is there anyway I can disable hackr-nvme kext from your setup?

Yes - by formatting your NVMe drive to 4k. I'm using the Samsung SATA drive, so I don't need this kext anymore.

QHD/2.3.1/4302

The additional kexts I have are codecommander and a patched AppleHDA, both of which won't work if you use @bozma88's HDA files in the first post, which is why I have intentionally not put them here to avoid confusion.

Yes - by formatting your NVMe drive to 4k. I'm using the Samsung SATA drive, so I don't need this kext anymore.
I already formatted my drive - can I remove the kext?

@RehabMan just raised a pull request against your repository for this change.

I see that...
I need to spend some time with this code to allow for easy specification of spoofing.
For example, this particular device (KabyLake-R) you may decide to spoof as Skylake or KabyLake.
And we would need some way to turn off the spoofing when eventually native KabyLake-R support is added to macOS.

I already formatted my drive - can I remove the kext?
Yes you should be fine. Make sure you have a fallback method to re-enable this kext if boot fails for some (other) reason.

Hi, jkbuha!

Could you please share your additional kexts, because i want to try your sound scheme (installing from scratch)
At this moment have a problems with AppleALC and codecommander.

Thanks!

Sure thing ... Here you go.

Attachments

• SLE.zip
    393.9 KB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back