Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9360 on MacOS Sierra 10.12.x - LTS (Long-Term Support) Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, @bozma88 and @jkbuha! Could you please help to solve the problem with GPU on bios 1.3.7

On this bios version gpu work works very slow, and all animations and effects are sluggish and discontinues.
What should i change to fix this issue?

Thank you!

Attachments

• EFI_137.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 71
Before I reply specifically to this question, here's a general tip XPS 9350/9360 users may (not) be aware of:

- With the laptop powered off and power cable removed, press CTRL+ESC
- With keys still pressed, insert power cable. The laptop should turn on automatically
- Wait until you see the BIOS recovery menu
- Reset BIOS settings or flash older version.

This has solved a lot of sluggish/CPU issues I faced in the past.

Please report back and let me know if it solves yours!

Just wanted to say thanks for this great guide you guys created for the 9360.

Stick with 1.3.2 and check if everything works.
I still can't fix the problem. Would it be possible that the system update failed? Maybe I need to reinstall the sierra 10.12.6 clean?

Hi @bozma88. I just ordered the M2 SATA Disk to replace the Toshiba NVMe drive and solve PM/Heat issue. I also ordered DW1560, as 1830 causes sleep issue. I have one more question. Do you suggest to patch DVMT on XPS 9350 too? Thank you

Before I reply specifically to this question, here's a general tip XPS 9350/9360 users may (not) be aware of:

- With the laptop powered off and power cable removed, press CTRL+ESC
- With keys still pressed, insert power cable. The laptop should turn on automatically
- Wait until you see the BIOS recovery menu
- Reset BIOS settings or flash older version.

This has solved a lot of sluggish/CPU issues I faced in the past.

Please report back and let me know if it solves yours!

Ok, i have checked this method, and got the problem.
Power button lid turned on less than a two seconds, and notebook don't turned on.
And one important moment, lid in the center of keyboard block blinks with algorithm.

Video:

I've solved all the problems and get a perfect Sierra 10.12.6 on Bios 2.1.0 now with EFI from @jkbuha .

Still test for a few days.

Anyway thanks all

Hey all. I think I'm going to purchase a XPS 13 just because of how well-maintained this thread is! I'm wondering if the model with i7-7560U is supported? Also, is there work being done for USB-C hot plug? Cheers!

Thanks @Ryan6435

@zanzy - you'll need to reset your EC controller the classic way, ie remove cover, disconnect battery and press power for 30 sec to discharge residuals. Sometimes the nvram and EC get into a messy state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back