Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ebay

Should be around $20-25

^ figured as much.

So, I used your XPS9530-master config.plist to start with.

using deploy.sh, it does not change your ig-platform-id. If I delete the config.plist then it won't create a proper one for the i5-6300

@syscl Bro, if you didn't already know, you are a genius. I followed your guide exactly and now can dual boot windows 10 and Sierra 10.12.3 on my XPS. Thanks a million!

Also, where can I download AirPortBrcm4360.kext. It was mentioned that patching it will get the DW 1560 working,but I can't find a download link.

@syscl Bro, if you didn't already know, you are a genius. I followed your guide exactly and now can dual boot windows 10 and Sierra 10.12.3 on my XPS. Thanks a million!

Also, where can I download AirPortBrcm4360.kext. It was mentioned that patching it will get the DW 1560 working,but I can't find a download link.

AirPortBrcm4360.kext is installed by the macOS installer (plugin of IO80211Family.kext).

AirPortBrcm4360.kext is installed by the macOS installer (plugin of IO80211Family.kext).

Thanks, for some reason I thought I had to download it from some repo. Anyway, I used the-darkvoid patch and now wifi is working flawlessly. :p Now the only thing thats not working is handoff, but I don't use it much anyway.

Is there any hope for multi touch on the touch screen in OS X? Would love to be able to scroll w two fingers.

I got my dw1830 on eBay for $18 shipped and popped it in today. The bottom was much easier to remove than I had imagined. The wifi antennas had to be switched due to the placement on the 1830 but I don't see how this would be an issue. The original 1820 did have a third unused antenna connector so I don't see why adding a loose wire near the battery is necessary. Bt and wifi are now working great thanks again syscl for making it so simple.

Also seems to have fixed my resume from sleep issues, as it is now booting back up in a second or two like it should.

One thing I cannot seem to get working is Airdrop. Haven't tried handoff/continuity but I am pretty sure none of it is working. It shows it is supported in system config

Reinstalled syscl's script and I can see my phone on the mac airdrop page in finder after a minute or two but cannot send files and cannot see the mac from my phone. @Silence720 do you have the 1830 and do you have airdrop working? Did you do anything special aside from syscl's script?

Last edited:
question for those of us with the FD screen. I bought that one because of the battery savings. While on El Capitan, we were able to get an estimated time remaining on battery power. However, now that Sierra has removed this feature, how can we figure out power usage and expected time left on battery?

I do have the Intel Power Gadget up and running. It seems to be using less than 2 watts as I type this message.

BTW, I have to say syscl's script is amazing.

Just a quick question
Has anyone been able to boot the Apple Logo with a HiDPI resolution? The problem in this case is not with having a HiDPI resolution after second stage boot and login but rather with having the resolution set at the bootloader level. What happens on my machine is that it starts at 3200x1800 when boot.efi transfers control to the kernel and then the res switches to 1600x900 HiDPI during second stage/login. This looks odd since the size of the logo and the bar changes at that point.

I tried setting the HiDPI bit mask in Clover for boot.efi but it doesn't seem to work. PatchVBios fails after checking logs and EDID injection doesn't seem to change anything either so was just wondering if anyone with a QHD+ Dell XPS 13 was able to achieve such functionality.... although this *technically* is normal behavior by Clover.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back