Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 227874 Apologize for posting off topic here but I'm tying to view the forum on HWP speed shift and I continue to get this error every time I try to pull the page up. Any ideas what is causing the issue or is it a server issue? Appreciate the help.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-shift-on-skylake-and-up-enabler-kext.206090/

Thanks.

That thread links to a thread authored by a user that has been banned. As such, all the banned user's posts are unavailable.

Its the QHD+ panel that eats lot of battery in my opinion, the heat is not so much during regular work (but without power attached)

With power attached, the bottom is not comfortable above bare legs

I have QHD+ panel and an i5 6200U. I can comfortably and regularly get 7-8 hours battery life with medium brightness and web browsing/Microsoft office work under Windows. The QHD+ panel does eat a lot of battery in comparison to the FHD panel, but the i7 6560U definitely has much higher consumption than the 6200U. This is why I chose to get the 6200U over the 6560U because of the crappy battery life when paired with a QHD+ display. With or without AC power attached, and even under heavy load, my XPS 13 stays very cool and the fans rarely even spin, let alone reach their maximum speed.

Anybody tried thunderbolt 3 to monitor in mac os yet ? What is the result?

Yes, my LG 1080p IPS HDMI monitor connects and works properly as an external monitor through my 3in1 USB C adapter (USB C to HDMI, USB 3, and another USB C)

Hi,
For proper reboot,shutdown,sleep ,try to use the smbios-imac17,1 and redo the acpi patching process,generate ssdt.aml and ssdt.usb.aml before i had those issues with other smbios in sierra.my clover folder,patches and kexts are attached for your reference try to patch your own acpi.serial number left blank in the plist.

Extremely noob question: I kind of understand what I have to do with all the text files provided (i.e. open the original system generated files using MaciASL and patch using the text files you have provided) but how do I know which system file to patch? Like for example, how do I know if I patch the APIC or DSDT or any one of the SSDTs?

Extremely noob question: I kind of understand what I have to do with all the text files provided (i.e. open the original system generated files using MaciASL and patch using the text files you have provided) but how do I know which system file to patch? Like for example, how do I know if I patch the APIC or DSDT or any one of the SSDTs?

Read post #1. Seems pretty clear...

Yes, my LG 1080p IPS HDMI monitor connects and works properly as an external monitor through my 3in1 USB C adapter (USB C to HDMI, USB 3, and another USB C)

That's cool, in the System Pref- About - Is thunderbolt is empty ? Thanks

hdmi audio (Dell DA200) works using UseIntelHDMI set to true in clover

Screen Shot .jpg

dont know why recognize as displayport

Last edited:
Hi as per Rehabmans instruction follow post #1 (or)

replace your config.plist with mine in your clover folder and Extract your native/origin acpi Files in Clover by pressing F4 at boot screen and attach your clover folder i will do the patch and upload for you.

Maybe I know the reason, post your ioreg(with your VX299 plugin) and config.plist

syscl

attached ioreg and clover folder
thanks

Attachments

• Adly’s MacBook.zip
    4 MB · Views: 151
Hi as per Rehabmans instruction follow post #1 (or)

replace your config.plist with mine in your clover folder and Extract your native/origin acpi Files in Clover by pressing F4 at boot screen and attach your clover folder i will do the patch and upload for you.

I thank you so much for the offer and I may definitely take you up on that if I can't figure it out myself but I really would like like to keep building hackintosh devices in the future and so needing to know this seems to be an integral part of hackintoshing. Mind if I just ask a few random questions now and then?

I read on another page that its a good idea to use iasl to obtain the dsl files for the respective aml files. When I carried out "iasl -dl *.aml" (remove quotations) I only got a few .dsl files, none of the SSDT files were there, I could already see less errors, for example, in the DSDT (.dsl in relation to the .aml). Is the fact that I had an absence of DSL files mean that I did something wrong? I also got all my files from the clover bootloader (rev 3974, latest of post date) by pressing f4. and I could also technically continue by just using the AML files if I can fix the syntax code, is that correct?

EDIT: Got a DSDT.aml just from using the original aml, I've got 1 error, "Not a control method, cannot invoke (MDBG is a Integer)" will let you know if I can resolve it but if someone has an answer, I'm open to suggestions too. It may be a bit vague so let me know if you need additional information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back