Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got sound working and no system reinstall after reboot like with ALC. A little bit more testing and gonna roll out the v3.
Also now added monitoring of CPU temps, voltage etc.
Currently getting around 4-5 hours on QHD with firefox/spotify usage.

Hi,
Only problem is that I experience bad battery life.

I've tried to enable HWP and use that instead but it yields the same battery life as with SSDT.
It is giving me 4 HRS battery life under OS X, when in Windows I can get easily 7/8 hours under the same usage (web browsing).

Through HWSensors it reports I'm using ~2.5W total CPU, and CPU frequency keeps spiking from 500 or 700MHZ to 2+ GHZ randomly even though there is nothing open and its idle.

I used smbios MacBook9,1. I set this from before installation.
Then generated SSDT with Piker's script.
[[ I think ]] changing smbios after installation matters and affects the script.

I'm now using HWPEnabler.kext., setting the default value at 64001C01.

The difference:
Using HWPEnabler.
1. Idle frequency drop to 0.5 .. The graph looks ugly- erratic.
2. operating temperature is around 5 degree C lower
3. most probably better battery life

Using SSDT
1. Idle at 1.0 .. the graph when idle looks like a flat line - like the laptop is sleeping ;)
2. no CPU state lower than 1.0
3. higher GeekBench 4 results than with

You can play with HWPEnabler's default values for performance or for efficiency.

Note:
I did not remove SSDT.aml;
HWPEnabler sometimes gets lost after sleep. You need to do some sleepwatcher stuff to reload it.

Finally got sound working and no system reinstall after reboot like with ALC. A little bit more testing and gonna roll out the v3.

I sitll can not get sound from headphone, speaker works fine.

I sitll can not get sound from headphone, speaker works fine.
Yes? same thing, I saw your comment on github. Hope the fix gonna be ready soon. At least it doesn't destoy my partition like AppleALC, and no need for manual tweaks like VoodooHDA

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

So in a weird chain of events I booted verbose and whenever I touched the track pad it spammed errors. I tried to install again I avoided the track pad and it seems to have installed without issue. Then when I try to boot from the fresh install on the SSD it threw an error stating the hardware was not compatible. I got around this with a -no_compat_check flag and that got me passed that error. Now when I boot it gets to:

uhz7tNd.jpg

The it throw that circle with a cross bar icon and says waiting for root device. I would post that screen shot, but the text becomes extremely distorted when the icon appears.

I have attached my clover folder.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 405
So in a weird chain of events I booted verbose and whenever I touched the track pad it spammed errors. I tried to install again I avoided the track pad and it seems to have installed without issue. Then when I try to boot from the fresh install on the SSD it threw an error stating the hardware was not compatible. I got around this with a -no_compat_check flag and that got me passed that error. Now when I boot it gets to:

uhz7tNd.jpg

The it throw that circle with a cross bar icon and says waiting for root device. I would post that screen shot, but the text becomes extremely distorted when the icon appears.

I have attached my clover folder.

What device are you booting to?
"waiting for root device" indicates a problem discovering the device from which root must be mounted.
If you're booting a system partition on USB, indicates a USB problem.
If you're booting a system partition on a SATA device, indicates a SATA problem.
If you're booting a system partition on an NVMe device, indicates an NVMe problem.

Alright, so through some google searching and trial and error I have it booting and running as expected, but my wi-fi adapter is not displaying in the network settings pane.

I swapped in the DW1560 from Dell and pulled the correct FakePCID kext straight from Rehabmans repo and installed them to S/L/E and to my clover Kexts folder as a back up incase I messed up the first time. My clover folder is still the same as posted earlier.

Any suggestions.

Hi - I have the 6560 and using your v2 and thank you for all of your work. One of my problems is that when I reboot after a fresh install with kexts my hard drive won't reboot and it requires another fresh install. I can't determine what's causing it but it started when I started using your clover. I thought it could be the audio? Your version of voodoohda is the only one where I was able to get the headphone jack to work so was thinking it could be something to do with it?. I have tried leaving hwp off because I know that has caused some people some issues and still have the same.

It happens when I close the lid, open it and then restart.

Thanks!

Alright, so through some google searching and trial and error I have it booting and running as expected, but my wi-fi adapter is not displaying in the network settings pane.

I swapped in the DW1560 from Dell and pulled the correct FakePCID kext straight from Rehabmans repo and installed them to S/L/E and to my clover Kexts folder as a back up incase I messed up the first time. My clover folder is still the same as posted earlier.

Any suggestions.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hey guys im currently having a slight issue with my Dell Xps 13 9350 not being able to find my MyDigitalSsd NVMe 240GB.

I can see the NVMe when I push F12 under the legacy section

Im able to boot off of my USB drive and navigate through the installation but when I select disk utility to format my SSD it doesn't display my newly installed NVMe SSD.

Note: My MVMe is fresh out of the box with nothing installed on it.

I've been roaming around the forums and I can seem to figure it out.

I've downloaded the Clover.zip file from maxexcloo on page one and i followed his instruction on how to replace the /EFI/CLOVER/ folder with the one attached to this post.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back