Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is painful to use macOS on this 13-inch 1080p screen, the texts are so small, on Windows I always set DPI to 150%, on macOS it's either 100% or 200%, any advices?

EDIT: Problem solved using Enable-HiDPI-OSX . 1536x864(HiDPI) works out best for me.

Last edited:
Anyone had any luck with the audio? macOS can't find any output (or input) device. What kexts are you guys using?

Anyone had any luck with the audio? macOS can't find any output (or input) device. What kexts are you guys using?

Make sure you follow the guide in post #1 carefully.

If you need help on what you missed...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Code:
MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

12    2 0xffffff7f82dc3000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 249D7BA8-3FD5-3207-A482-0605CB898037 <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$ kextstat|grep -y applepc

MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$ kextstat|grep -y applehda

MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

KernelCache ID: 531790A433B4E47410E2753B74F1E971

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$

I have yet to patch and edit any file

Attachments

• w4ssupIOreg.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 106
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 84
Code:
MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

12    2 0xffffff7f82dc3000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (5.0) 249D7BA8-3FD5-3207-A482-0605CB898037 <11 10 7 6 5 4 3 1>

MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$ kextstat|grep -y applepc

MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$ kextstat|grep -y applehda

MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Password:

KernelCache ID: 531790A433B4E47410E2753B74F1E971

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

MacBook-Pro:Downloads t$

I have yet to patch and edit any file

You didn't provide all files requested in post #425.
But your kextcache output shows no patched AppleHDA files installed.
Post #1 uses cloverALC...

cloverALC is a repo containing various patched AppleHDA components.
Make sure you read the README.
You should also read the ACPI patching guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
I'm trying to patch my dsdt first before the kext, and I'm going through the tutorial u made, but it wouldn't let me copy the iasl to my /usr/bin/ (restricted). I tried typing
Code:
csrutil disable
through the terminal from recovery to disable it, but it still wouldn't let me copy it over

I'm trying to patch my dsdt first before the kext, and I'm going through the tutorial u made, but it wouldn't let me copy the iasl to my /usr/bin/ (restricted). I tried typing
Code:
csrutil disable
through the terminal from recovery to disable it, but it still wouldn't let me copy it over

The problem is your config.plist settings.
See guide for correct plists with SIP properly disabled.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back