Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Latitude E5470 (Skylake)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the info, will probably go through it thoroughly when other major items are fixed

as for graphics - tried something here, able to get slightly better graphics acceleration on 0x191b0000 + 64/96MB DVMT prealloc

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...graphics-working-10-11-4-a-3.html#post1228104

Was it the change to 0x191b0000 or the DVMT change that made the difference?

I ask, just because I wonder what the best value to put in by default in my plist files in my Clover guide...(currently I have 0x19120000).

Was it the change to 0x191b0000 or the DVMT change that made the difference?

I ask, just because I wonder what the best value to put in by default in my plist files in my Clover guide...(currently I have 0x19120000).

with DVMT 32MB, all of the ig-platform-id fails (apple loading bar doesn't even show up)

with DVMT 64/96MB (either option gives same results when testing), 0x191b0000 shows best results for my laptop, since my laptop is a HD530 non-desktop ). loading bar appears. halfway through, then glitched and stuck there (with the error log in /var/log/system.log about assertion fail)

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/os-x-10-11-4-build-15e65-and-skylake-graphics-support/

Removing AppleIntelSKLGraphicsGLDriver allowed me to get past the loading bar and into desktop. IOReg says the graphics drivers is properly loaded, i'm checking in DVD player/OpenGL Extensions viewer to see what is properly working
EDIT: OpenGL Extensions says that i have 0MB video memory, passed tests 3.1 to 4.1 (failed 4.2/4.3)

If I remove ig-platform-id (and
AppleIntelSKLGraphicsGLDriver), I boot to a blank screen

next steps: probably need to investigate why GLDriver is failing, maybe provide a kextpatch for that to get around assertion (or fix underlying issue)

with DVMT 32MB, all of the ig-platform-id fails (apple loading bar doesn't even show up)

As should be expected.

with DVMT 64/96MB (either option gives same results when testing), 0x191b0000 shows best results for my laptop, since my laptop is a HD530 non-desktop ). loading bar appears. halfway through, then glitched and stuck there (with the error log in /var/log/system.log about assertion fail)

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/os-x-10-11-4-build-15e65-and-skylake-graphics-support/

Removing AppleIntelSKLGraphicsGLDriver allowed me to get past the loading bar and into desktop. IOReg says the graphics drivers is properly loaded, i'm checking in DVD player/OpenGL Extensions viewer to see what is properly working
EDIT: OpenGL Extensions says that i have 0MB video memory, passed tests 3.1 to 4.1 (failed 4.2/4.3)

Removing kexts is not a solution.

If I remove ig-platform-id (and AppleIntelSKLGraphicsGLDriver), I boot to a blank screen

When you boot without ig-platform-id, the kext chooses a default (similar to how the HD3000 drivers worked).

next steps: probably need to investigate why GLDriver is failing, maybe provide a kextpatch for that to get around assertion (or fix underlying issue)

Did you implement audio, including HDMI audio?

As should be expected.

Removing kexts is not a solution.
I agree...

Did you implement audio, including HDMI audio?
Only tested internal speakers/3.5mm/Realtek ALC293 (works), didn't look/test/implement HDMI audio

tried connecting HDMI(->DVI cable) to my monitor, both screens went blank.

Don't think I'll be looking at HDMI audio until this buggy fix is resolved (don't remove kexts)

Don't think I'll be looking at HDMI audio until this buggy fix is resolved (don't remove kexts)

Keep in mind that some of these tasks tend to be interrelated.

If I remove ig-platform-id (and [/COLOR]AppleIntelSKLGraphicsGLDriver), I boot to a blank screen

Hey, I have the same problems with my Lenovo Y700 iGPU. I suggest you look at AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, it doesn't seem to fully work for the mobile HD530 (maybe 540/520 as well?), at least according to the ioregistry explorer. I believe getting that kext to work is the first step to have full QE/CI.

Unfortunately I'm sending my laptop back to be replaced with one from another lot (broken speakers and heavy backlight bleed) so I won't be able to look into it for a couple of days.

Hey, I have the same problems with my Lenovo Y700 iGPU. I suggest you look at AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, it doesn't seem to fully work for the mobile HD530 (maybe 540/520 as well?), at least according to the ioregistry explorer. I believe getting that kext to work is the first step to have full QE/CI.

Unfortunately I'm sending my laptop back to be replaced with one from another lot (broken speakers and heavy backlight bleed) so I won't be able to look into it for a couple of days.

IGPU PM requires ACPI patches... rename GFX0 to IGPU. QE/CI will work without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back