Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, in your profile as clearly requested in post #841.

Hi RehabMan.
I have repatch DDST and SSDT follow 1st post again. And i still have problem with audio(work with speaker, and not work with headphone: when i listen to music, i can hear beat, but can't hear lyrics ). I use
AppleHDA_ALC283.kext . What should i do now?

My lap: Dell 7537
I5: 4200U/ HM86
Graphics: HD4400,GT750m 1366x768.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 10.50.52 PM.zip
    121.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Thien’s MacBook Pro.zip
    478.3 KB · Views: 70
Hi RehabMan.
I have repatch DDST and SSDT follow 1st post again. And i still have problem with audio(work with speaker, and not work with headphone: when i listen to music, i can hear beat, but can't hear lyrics ). I use
AppleHDA_ALC283.kext . What should i do now?

My lap: Dell 7537
I5: 4200U/ HM86
Graphics: HD4400,GT750m 1366x768.

Thanks!!

Please, in your profile as requested (the bold face part you neglected to read).

I have update my profile/Signature.

how can i update from el capitan to sierra? after updating, everything will work like now? or should i make any changes, fixes etc?

Hey guys, so I'm trying to update to MacOS Sierra on my laptop (see Signature), through the installer but each time I boot, it starts off well and then the screen garbles and when it gets to the installation screen, it's still garbled and I manage to progress a few steps but then right when I get to the drive choice screen, it doesn't let me proceed I think. I need to see if it says something about space and if I am selecting the right drive. How do I fix this garble? I have already applied the patch from the link in post #856 and it's still garbled. I have attached the config.plist which I am using to boot. Do I need to be using CsmVideoDxe-64.efi when booting? I am currently not using it and as far as I remember, it has always been this way and worked perfectly on 10.11. Btw I had applied garble patches for 10.11 but they still didn't work, however it was only during boot.. not after that. Thank you for reading this post!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 202
Hey guys, so I'm trying to update to MacOS Sierra on my laptop (see Signature), through the installer but each time I boot, it starts off well and then the screen garbles and when it gets to the installation screen, it's still garbled and I manage to progress a few steps but then right when I get to the drive choice screen, it doesn't let me proceed I think. I need to see if it says something about space and if I am selecting the right drive. How do I fix this garble? I have already applied the patch from the link in post #856 and it's still garbled. I have attached the config.plist which I am using to boot. Do I need to be using CsmVideoDxe-64.efi when booting? I am currently not using it and as far as I remember, it has always been this way and worked perfectly on 10.11. Btw I had applied garble patches for 10.11 but they still didn't work, however it was only during boot.. not after that. Thank you for reading this post!

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thanks for the quick reply, RehabMan

Ok so I think that what you were referring to is this:
"Note: If you get a "garbled" screen when booting the installer in UEFI mode, enable legacy boot and/or CSM in BIOS (but still boot UEFI). Enabling legacy boot/CSM generally tends to clear that problem."

Right? I enabled "Load Legacy Option Rom" due to the lack of a CSM option in the laptop BIOS and booted again with UEFI but still the same. (I have also installed the CsmVideoDxe-64.efi in the drivers64UEFI folder) I boot up and it's all garbled. I am now using a USB with Clover on it so I can change the settings easily, so I attached the Clover folder.

Attachments

• Clover Folder.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 77
Thanks for the quick reply, RehabMan

Ok so I think that what you were referring to is this:
"Note: If you get a "garbled" screen when booting the installer in UEFI mode, enable legacy boot and/or CSM in BIOS (but still boot UEFI). Enabling legacy boot/CSM generally tends to clear that problem."

Right? I enabled "Load Legacy Option Rom" due to the lack of a CSM option in the laptop BIOS and booted again with UEFI but still the same. (I have also installed the CsmVideoDxe-64.efi in the drivers64UEFI folder) I boot up and it's all garbled. I am now using a USB with Clover on it so I can change the settings easily, so I attached the Clover folder.

Nothing to do with "legacy option ROM". Enable legacy boot (CSM comes with it usually).

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi is not recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back