Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
no
even if it worked, poor quality !!

10.11.5 works on my laptop as per siggy...
thanks dummyone and Rehabman for this thread...

Hello RehabMan,

The sleep and shutdown problem seems to be back with the 10.11.5 update on my 3537. The laptop can't sleep or shutdown, and when I select any of these actions in the apple logo power menu, the screen goes black, the white power indicator on laptop stays on until battery drains completely. I had recently fixed HDMI Audio and everything else works great. What could be the problem? Is it a power management kext related?

Hello RehabMan,

The sleep and shutdown problem seems to be back with the 10.11.5 update on my 3537. The laptop can't sleep or shutdown, and when I select any of these actions in the apple logo power menu, the screen goes black, the white power indicator on laptop stays on until battery drains completely. I had recently fixed HDMI Audio and everything else works great. What could be the problem? Is it a power management kext related?

Check for sleep assertions with "pmset -g assertions".

This is the output I got

Attachments

• pmset.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 150
Boom may be causing an issue. Remove it.
I uninstalled Boom 2 using clean my mac and now I have No audio output or device :confused:

EDIT : Restarted the laptop again after uninstalling boom 2 and audio is back. Tried sleep option and it worked, looks like it was boom indeed causing the problem. Is there any way to keep value of PreventUserIdleSystemSleep to 0 without uninstalling Boom 2?

Last edited:
EDIT : Restarted the laptop again after uninstalling boom 2 and audio is back. Tried sleep option and it worked, looks like it was boom indeed causing the problem. Is there any way to keep value of PreventUserIdleSystemSleep to 0 without uninstalling Boom 2?

Seems like a problem in Boom or the Boom settings you're using. Perhaps you should ask the Boom folks...

Hello Rehabman, I have read many of your guides and I am astonished by their quality and in-depth information. I followed the following guide to try and get HDMI audio to work: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-igpu-hdmi-dp-audio-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell.189495/
After reading posts in that forum, I changed the layout-id in the HDAU to 0x03 instead of 0xC.

Now the layout-ids match between the HDAU and HDEF. I am really confused as to why HDMI audio still doesn't even show up as an option in the sound menu. I am using the alc283 kext which I think you provided for a lenovo laptop, as per the instruction of post #1 in this forum. I followed this forum's guide to get os x running on my laptop but used your guide to try and get HDMI audio to work. Please help me, I've done all the checks on your forum and they all seem to pass. I am ready to provide more info should you need it. By the way, my laptop only has an HDMI port and no other port which outputs video. The HDMI Video works perfectly with hot plugging and everything, but the audio is nowhere to be heard or seen. There is no option for the connected monitor / TV to be chosen as the output device in the audio settings in System Preferences. Thank you in advance.

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 7537
CPU: Intel Core i7 4500U 1.8 Ghz --> 3 Ghz Turbo Boost
GPU: HD4400 (OS X) & NVIDIA 750M 2GB GDDR5
RAM: Hynix 8GB 1600Mhz
Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
Wifi + BT: Azurewave CE-123H

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 80
  • MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 101
  • Output.txt