Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Rehabman...need some favor again here,
After I've messed my osx and my efi partition yesterday looking for solution no sound between OS(dualboot win10)restart, today I've made fresh start of my set up again.
Unfortunately sound still not work as before you've helped me.....
before I messed up my system again and again...could you please help me...
here I attach the file needed as last time...
Thanks in advance......

Your kextcache/kextstat output shows that AppleHDA_ALC283.kext is not installed.

Your kextcache/kextstat output shows that AppleHDA_ALC283.kext is not installed.

Actually I've installed AppleHDA_ALC283.kext before...but didn't notice the date was showing "tomorrow"....(attachment before),
then I remove and reinstall once again(attachment before) restart and it works...

any reason for this..?maybe installation bundle(many kext at once) with kext wizard can causing this....?

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    186.5 KB · Views: 116
  • after.png
    after.png
    185.7 KB · Views: 100
Actually I've installed AppleHDA_ALC283.kext before...but didn't notice the date was showing "tomorrow"....(attachment before),
then I remove and reinstall once again(attachment before) restart and it works...

any reason for this..?maybe installation bundle(many kext at once) with kext wizard can causing this....?

Or it could be you finally rebuilt cache as per FAQ.

Or it could be you finally rebuilt cache as per FAQ.

I'm positively sure I've rebuilt cache as per FAQ before...and the thing is, after I reinstall the AppleHDA_ALC283.kext and restart to reboot without caches but I've missed the 5 second clover booting option and direct booting into OS, then the audio already working correctly.
Means working reboot without caches and rebuild cache...that why I'm saying installing bundle kext may cause..

Maybe I could add...after I've re-setup again my laptop found that sound more comparable with on window 10...no need to install 3rd party software to boost it....the track pad also working nicely without need to do EC reset also...the different on this new setup is I didn't use gdisk method...I just leave unformatted free space during os x installation and recreate partition and formatting during window installation.

Any way I appreciate so much your help to my case....I'll slowly venture more deeply onto how this hackintosh works from now on...

Thanks again and again....

Hello, I have a 5537 laptop with a external hard drive inside the optical drive using an adapter, i followed your guide from start to finish, and everything worked just perfectly fine, the internet through Ethernet works (no wifi because i really want to spend 40 dollars on a different adapter), brightness control works, sound even works, sleep works too BUT not from the sleep button, that didn't work for me, so i have to manually pick sleep option from the apple logo menu, but this doesn't really bother me

But, for whatever reason and idk why i did this, i opened the mac app store and saw that there is an update, so i did, i restarted the computer, and now it doesn't work it does not boot at all, but when i try to boot using safe mode it boots fine (i don't really know the difference between normal and safe mode), and if i check the mac version info, it says 10.11.4 installed (which is the latest as of writing this)

so what exactly happened here?

i tried booting into verbose mode and this is what i got

https://imgur.com/UXzHADn

Specs for this model:
i7-4500U
16GB ram
AMD Radeon HD 8850M
Default Wifi adapter installed

Hello, I have a 5537 laptop with a external hard drive inside the optical drive using an adapter, i followed your guide from start to finish, and everything worked just perfectly fine, the internet through Ethernet works (no wifi because i really want to spend 40 dollars on a different adapter), brightness control works, sound even works, sleep works too BUT not from the sleep button, that didn't work for me, so i have to manually pick sleep option from the apple logo menu, but this doesn't really bother me

You have to hold the power button for a bit... (it is a feature).

But, for whatever reason and idk why i did this, i opened the mac app store and saw that there is an update, so i did, i restarted the computer, and now it doesn't work it does not boot at all, but when i try to boot using safe mode it boots fine (i don't really know the difference between normal and safe mode), and if i check the mac version info, it says 10.11.4 installed (which is the latest as of writing this)

so what exactly happened here?

i tried booting into verbose mode and this is what i got

https://imgur.com/UXzHADn

Your link is broken.

Make sure config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67.

This. this fixed my problem, you are a true hero rehab.

EDIT:
The mac booted all fine and works great, still need to stress test it for hours to see if there are any other problems.

Anyway i have another problem here, if i try to plug in my headphones, they do not work, no sound passes through, if i check system preferences -> sound -> output, all i see is internal speakers, nothing else, i did install your Audio fix Alc283 kext, audio works fine, headphones port doesn't.

This. this fixed my problem, you are a true hero rehab.

EDIT:
The mac booted all fine and works great, still need to stress test it for hours to see if there are any other problems.

Anyway i have another problem here, if i try to plug in my headphones, they do not work, no sound passes through, if i check system preferences -> sound -> output, all i see is internal speakers, nothing else, i did install your Audio fix Alc283 kext, audio works fine, headphones port doesn't.

Perhaps you forgot to install CodecCommander.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back