Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should never create Windows partitions within Disk Utility (Disk Utility will create a hybrid MBR/GPT partition scheme, as required by BootCamp but not wanted with Windows UEFI).

As for audio...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Found temporary solution....because this morning, sound came out normally with boom or without. Switching between OS need to shutdown first then restart. If direct restart from both OS will render no sound again.

About the hybrid GPT, I've check with GPT fdisk (gdisk)(attached result)...still in pure. I'm installing my window OS using this method, converting hybrid to pure GPT using gdisk.

And also maybe you can help...my track pad seems jumping when in use, before this I'm using mouse to navigate....bluetooth also not appear on my system preference>network...

Anyway I've also ioreg as per requested....

Attachments

• bfu.zip
    472.7 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
About the hybrid GPT, I've check with GPT fdisk (gdisk)(attached result)...still in pure. I'm installing my window OS using this method, converting hybrid to pure GPT using gdisk.

Yes... you can use gdisk to fix the damage done by Disk Utility.

And also maybe you can help...my track pad seems jumping when in use, before this I'm using mouse to navigate....bluetooth also not appear on my system preference>network...

Did you try EC reset?
What firmware version is your trackpad (check system.log).

No bluetooth shown in ioreg. Probably a USB problem: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Yes... you can use gdisk to fix the damage done by Disk Utility.

Did you try EC reset?
What firmware version is your trackpad (check system.log).

No bluetooth shown in ioreg. Probably a USB problem: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

yes...EC reset improve my trackpad usage..from system.log Synaptics TouchPad version 8.1, any thought.

usbinjectall.kext solve my bluetooth problem...

Thanks Rehabman for being helpful to me any others on tonymac here....

Hello RehabMan, thankyou so much for providing the extended support for us all users till date. Much appreciated.

I followed your guide a year ago and had a perfectly working hackintosh on my dell 3537. Until recently laptop had everything working including BT and WiFi. But since the last month sleep and shutdown stopped working. I was on 10.11.2. Thinking it would solve the problem, I updated to 10.11.4 yesterday. Now I even lost audio, and sleep shutdown problems still persist.

Please help.

Also attached IOReg file as required.

Attachments

• Arnav’s MacBook Pro.zip
    643 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Hello RehabMan, thankyou so much for providing the extended support for us all users till date. Much appreciated.

I followed your guide a year ago and had a perfectly working hackintosh on my dell 3537. Until recently laptop had everything working including BT and WiFi. But since the last month sleep and shutdown stopped working. I was on 10.11.2. Thinking it would solve the problem, I updated to 10.11.4 yesterday. Now I even lost audio, and sleep shutdown problems still persist.

Please help.

Also attached IOReg file as required.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-broken-audio-applehda-injector-dummyhda.html

You will need to provide complete details on what you mean by "sleep shutdown problems".

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-broken-audio-applehda-injector-dummyhda.html

You will need to provide complete details on what you mean by "sleep shutdown problems".

The problem goes like this - When I click Sleep OR Shut Down on the Apple button menu, the screen turns off like it should first, but then the white power LED indicator on the laptop stays on and doesn't go off at all. No matter how long. If I leave the laptop like this, it drains the battery till it empties out. I've tried disabling everything in Power Saving options in OS X, such as "Power Nap" or "Turn off hard disks when possible". Still the same results.

The problem goes like this - When I click Sleep OR Shut Down on the Apple button menu, the screen turns off like it should first, but then the white power LED indicator on the laptop stays on and doesn't go off at all. No matter how long. If I leave the laptop like this, it drains the battery till it empties out. I've tried disabling everything in Power Saving options in OS X, such as "Power Nap" or "Turn off hard disks when possible". Still the same results.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

The two outputs and my clover folder have been attached below

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 58
  • kextstat output.txt.zip
    750 bytes · Views: 70
  • sudo output.txt.zip
    837 bytes · Views: 70
Last edited:
Okay so I just tried the fix for AppleHDA.kext, added the following code according to the instructions -
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<key>com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily</key>[/COLOR]<string>1.1</string>
<key>com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily</key> [COLOR=#000000]<string>1.2.0a1</string>[/COLOR]

When asked by Xcode if it should replace the existing strings with new values, clicked yes. Saved, installed the newly saved kext, rebooted without caches, then rebuilt cache and rebooted normally, and I get the same output as before with command -
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /[/COLOR]

I rechecked info.plist for the new changes for AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E.

Sorry, attaching IOReg file now.

Attachments

• mbp.ioreg.zip
    643 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back