Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everything to work optimally, you must patch ACPI. There is no getting around it.

No "machine language" knowledge required.

I encountered some errors mostly on the SSDT-7. I don't have the time to study patching this period cause I work on another project in Fortran and I want to have "clear mind" :crazy:

I encountered some errors mostly on the SSDT-7. I don't have the time to study patching this period cause I work on another project in Fortran and I want to have "clear mind" :crazy:

No errors in SSDT-7 with correct disassembly (iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml).

No errors in SSDT-7 with correct disassembly (iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml).

I used refs.txt and that gave me errors. I haven't tried without it. I'll give it a shot definitely.

I used refs.txt and that gave me errors. I haven't tried without it. I'll give it a shot definitely.

When you use refs.txt, make sure you move the External declarations that come from as described in the guide.

I have a 5537 and I installed using the "Installation Guide" using Unibeast and Multibeast. Problems I faced:

- Keyboard doesnt work.
- No Network / Wifi ( will try installing 8100 kext soon to check ).

I am going to start a fresh new installation tonight, I should stick to the "official" guide using unibeast, then install and post instalation with multibeast? OR I should Follow this guide exactly? I only want to use xcode, I don't care for audio, or backlight, or brightness adjust.

Btw, fix the link for 8100 kext, its not working, it has "..." on the middle.

Any sollution fo the keyboard issue? VoodooPS2 kext will solve that? Thank you.

I have a 5537 and I installed using the "Installation Guide" using Unibeast and Multibeast. Problems I faced:

- Keyboard doesnt work.
- No Network / Wifi ( will try installing 8100 kext soon to check ).

I am going to start a fresh new installation tonight, I should stick to the "official" guide using unibeast, then install and post instalation with multibeast? OR I should Follow this guide exactly? I only want to use xcode, I don't care for audio, or backlight, or brightness adjust.

Btw, fix the link for 8100 kext, its not working, it has "..." on the middle.

Any sollution fo the keyboard issue? VoodooPS2 kext will solve that? Thank you.

The guide in post #1 is for Yosemite/10.10.

I assume you're installing El Capitan/10.11. There are changes required for 10.11.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You should use this thread as clues for what you might need to do post-install.

Ethernet kexts are linked from the FAQ as are many other topics.

The guide in post #1 is for Yosemite/10.10.

I assume you're installing El Capitan/10.11. There are changes required for 10.11.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You should use this thread as clues for what you might need to do post-install.

Ethernet kexts are linked from the FAQ as are many other topics.
Where can I get Yosemite OS x installer? I've checked on apple store but it only has the El capitain release to download :\

Where can I get Yosemite OS x installer? I've checked on apple store but it only has the El capitain release to download :\

Unless you previously downloaded 10.10 when it was available (eg. with Mac App Store associated with your AppleID), it is no longer available to you. It was made unavailable when 10.11 was released.

You will need to install 10.11 instead.

My dell 5537 is overheating after installing OS X, is it something wrong? I can feel it hot in the keyboard, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back