Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 3x37 - 5x37 -7x37 Clover, Yosemite/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, where can i find fakeSMC.kext from
Code:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek
?
i open fakeSMC folder but there is no fakeSMC.kext file.. all i see just header file and cpp file...
sorry for this noob question.

Read the README.

Hello,
Just a quick question. If I follow this guide and patch my DSDT this process is going to affect my whole computer or just Macintosh? I'm asking cause later I want to dual boot to Windows 8.1 as Windows are essential for my studies. Changes to DSDT are revertible or I may damage my system?

Hello,
Just a quick question. If I follow this guide and patch my DSDT this process is going to affect my whole computer or just Macintosh? I'm asking cause later I want to dual boot to Windows 8.1 as Windows are essential for my studies. Changes to DSDT are revertible or I may damage my system?

Patched ACPI affects only OS X.

Hello, I followed your guide as accurate as I could but when I boot the pc freezes on Apple logo. When I boot from a test usb using clover (without patched dsdt/ssdt and my previous working config.plist everything works - except audio and backlight controls)
Any ideas?
(I attach the .zip containing the patches I made and the .dsl)View attachment DSDT.zip

Hello, I followed your guide as accurate as I could but when I boot the pc freezes on Apple logo.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

This is what I did:
  • Boot without caches -> boot stuck
  • Boot in verbose -> boot stuck
Both times boot stuck at the same point

IMG_1096.jpg

Then I booted with the working clover usb without caches and run at terminal:
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /[/FONT]

and gave me output:
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBXHC_Dell.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8100.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext[/FONT]

Restart twice (using usb) and still no sound.
Without usb and in verbose mode boot stuck at the same exact point. So i guess it's something because of the patches I made. :banghead:
I have to mention that I did have some compiler errors that I tried to fix tweaking the error line a bit or mostly uncommenting some of the previous lines and gave me no error and only warnings.

Here's the Clover folder (of the HDD) without themes. View attachment CLOVER.zip

This is what I did:
  • Boot without caches -> boot stuck
  • Boot in verbose -> boot stuck
Both times boot stuck at the same point

View attachment 177490

Then I booted with the working clover usb without caches and run at terminal:
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /[/FONT]

and gave me output:
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBXHC_Dell.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8100.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext[/FONT]

Restart twice (using usb) and still no sound.
Without usb and in verbose mode boot stuck at the same exact point. So i guess it's something because of the patches I made. :banghead:
I have to mention that I did have some compiler errors that I tried to fix tweaking the error line a bit or mostly uncommenting some of the previous lines and gave me no error and only warnings.

Here's the Clover folder (of the HDD) without themes. View attachment 177491

No audio expected when booting from USB. The USB does not have the required ACPI patches.

ACPI does not appear to be patched correctly.

You should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml

Make sure they are listed in config.plist (SortedOrder).

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Both IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext should not be installed. They are mutually exclusive solutions to the same problem. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

No audio expected when booting from USB. The USB does not have the required ACPI patches.

ACPI does not appear to be patched correctly.

You should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml

Make sure they are listed in config.plist (SortedOrder).

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Both IntelBacklight.kext and ACPIBacklight.kext should not be installed. They are mutually exclusive solutions to the same problem. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

I'll get into much trouble trying to fix only backlight control with patching and 0 experience in machine language. I already have a full functional system without patching. For audio I used latest release of VoodooHDA which supports HDMI audio if you follow your guide for Intel HD4400 and tweaking a bit the audio midi setup. Thank you for your support.

I'll get into much trouble trying to fix only backlight control with patching and 0 experience in machine language. I already have a full functional system without patching. For audio I used latest release of VoodooHDA which supports HDMI audio if you follow your guide for Intel HD4400 and tweaking a bit the audio midi setup. Thank you for your support.

For everything to work optimally, you must patch ACPI. There is no getting around it.

No "machine language" knowledge required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back