Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell Inspiron 15 7559 (skylake)

People still having issues cold booting? Mine on 10.14.3 rarely ever cold boots (after power on). I get Clover, but then black screen. I CTRL-ALT-DEL and it reboots fine. I know others here have the same experience.

Does 10.14.5 and later Clover fix this?
I have encountered no problems when booting into clover or Mojave, if that what you're asking
10.14.5 is runs very nicely in this model of laptop.

I have done all this and the brightness and sound still don't work, I will probably have to patch my own DSDT.
If that doesn’t work I’d open a new thread in Mojave laptop support with the full problem reporting files, someone on here can definitely help sort this out

In a nutshell, can someone give a quick bullet list of what needs to be done to go from 10.14.3 (working perfectly, so I'm leery of messing with things) to 10.14.5?

I'd really appreciate it as I tried going to 10.14.4 and could never get it to work.

can someone give a quick bullet list of what needs to be done to go from 10.14.3 (working perfectly, so I'm leery of messing with things) to 10.14.5?

Clone your hard drive.
Test the clone.
Upgrade the clone.

If it doesn't work you can get back to where you started from.

Clone your hard drive.
Test the clone.
Upgrade the clone.

If it doesn't work you can get back to where you started from.

LOL! That wasn't exactly the bullet list I was looking for! Obviously I would work off a clone of my working drive. It's more about the details in kexts that need to be in place prior or post, Clover modifications, etc.

In a nutshell, can someone give a quick bullet list of what needs to be done to go from 10.14.3 (working perfectly, so I'm leery of messing with things) to 10.14.5?

I'd really appreciate it as I tried going to 10.14.4 and could never get it to work.
Use the mojavefiles 10.14.5 folder from the guide to install clover on a usb and update the kexts in L/E, and then proceed with the update. I would make macOS 10.14.5 install disk on the same usb and test if you are able to boot into the installer with the newly created clover boot loader before updating.

Step 4 of Create the USB Installer is unclear to me. A) "replace the config.plist in the EFI>CLOVER file with the one in the mojavefiles/usb folder" Where is mojavefiles/usb located. B) "put HFSPLUS.efi and apfs.efi driver into the drivers64UEFI folder." What is the location of HFSPLUS and apfs. And is it put into what directory. I have attached a photo of the install directory, and the EFI directory

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.14.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.14.56 PM.png
    291.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.15.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 9.15.34 PM.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 42
Step 4 of Create the USB Installer is unclear to me. A) "replace the config.plist in the EFI>CLOVER file with the one in the mojavefiles/usb folder" Where is mojavefiles/usb located. B) "put HFSPLUS.efi and apfs.efi driver into the drivers64UEFI folder." What is the location of HFSPLUS and apfs. And is it put into what directory. I have attached a photo of the install directory, and the EFI directory
"HFSPLUS.efi" and "apfs.efi" can be found in the mojavefiles folder. They need to be put in EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/

"HFSPLUS.efi" and "apfs.efi" can be found in the mojavefiles folder. They need to be put in EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/
That's what I'm trying to say, I cant find a "mojavefiles folder" or a mojavefiles/usb folder. Where is it supposed to be located?

That's what I'm trying to say, I cant find a "mojavefiles folder" or a mojavefiles/usb folder. Where is it supposed to be located?
You can download it from the first post in this thread, it is what the guide is based on....

Back