Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell 7348 i7 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to now i cannot boot from efi for dvmt preallocation still no boot volume found i followed the procedure posted..... The el capitan was sucessfully installed but the video is laggy and no video acceleration ... Video memory is only 7 mb is there a worlaround for this ?

Up to now i cannot boot from efi for dvmt preallocation still no boot volume found i followed the procedure posted..... The el capitan was sucessfully installed but the video is laggy and no video acceleration ... Video memory is only 7 mb is there a worlaround for this ?

You have to set DVMT-prealloc correctly and use the correct ig-platform-id.

Also...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Update 2: Sorry, i misspelled, was Clover/kexts/Other.

Update :
I fixed the problem be moving AppleHDADummy and CodecCommander from clover/kexts/10.11 to clover/kexts/others and works perfect.

I have a Dell 7348 - i5 5th generation, fully working with os x 10.11 after following your guide in detail. But since a few days ago i did the last update to 10.11.5 and it seems that the sound is disabled and no sound device has been found. i also updated the applehdadummy kext with the new one for 10.11.4+ and still the same problem. All my kext's are installed in clover in 10.11, but i also tried to install the applehdadummy in s/l/e/ and the sound won't even bug. As an alternative i tried with VooodoHDA kext to have sound again , and it worked out. but no microphone detected and no headphone jack. Does some one else have the same problem here ? or maybe some idea how to fix this ?

Last edited:
Update : I fixed the problem be moving AppleHDADummy and CodecCommander from clover/kexts/10.11 to clover/kexts/others and works perfect.

AppleHDA injectors don't work from CLOVER/kexts. They must be installed to the system volume. Clover does not read from Clover/kexts/Others... only Clover/kexts/Other.

will this work with the 7352 model i7

i was able to boot from efi then setup_var 0x18c 0x3 sucessfully set the dvmt to 96 mb ,but upon bootup from mac osx the video display is still 7 mb ... and the video is still laggy...what is the workaround for this?

i was able to boot from efi then setup_var 0x18c 0x3 sucessfully set the dvmt to 96 mb ,but upon bootup from mac osx the video display is still 7 mb ... and the video is still laggy...what is the workaround for this?

Are you using a correct config.plist (to inject AAPL,ig-platform-id)?

i checked my config.philst (using clover configurator) under graphics lg-platform id is16160002 the inject edid checked ,inject intel checked...custom EDID(hex) -02001616 still the video is laggy i were able to set dvmt pre allocation to 0x3 under efi shell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back