Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

No idea without problem reporting files.
You will need to attach PR files that demonstrate the issue.

Not sure exactly what you mean by demonstrate the issue.

Problem is during port discovery process when I attach USB 3 devices to test SSxx ports, none of the SSxx ports get used.

Attachments

• A’s MacBook Pro IOR.zip
    670.1 KB · Views: 56
  • CLOVER.zip
    7 MB · Views: 68
  • RehabMan.zip
    84.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Terminal Saved Output Kext.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Terminal Saved Output1.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 59
Any idea why no SSxx ports would get used according to ioregistryexplorer?
During port discovery I can see when USB 2 is connected and HSxx ports are used.
Later, testing the SSxx I can see some SSxx ports but nothing happens when I attach USB 3 devices.

When I did mine, none of the S ports were used either. It turns out that the ones being used where over my current limit, so I had to apply a patch to boost the port limit while testing. Once I had 20 ports showing up, I could find them.

Not sure exactly what you mean by demonstrate the issue.

Problem is during port discovery process when I attach USB 3 devices to test SSxx ports, none of the SSxx ports get used.

You forgot to install XHCI-unsupported.kext.
Read post #1 carefully.

@RehabMan I'm very new to a hack and this is my first build. So, I'm still figuring things out. I have a quick question and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to use kernel flags to exclude USB ports. Your guide makes perfect sense and I understand the steps, but for the life me, I cannot figure out how to exclude and include ports for my testing. Can you please shine a little light for me. Thank you.

Sam

Last edited:
You forgot to install XHCI-unsupported.kext.
Read post #1 carefully.

Thanks. I still have problems though.

For example, with custom flags:
-uia_exclude_ssp
-uia_exclude_hs
-uia_ignore_rmcf
-uia_include=HS04;HS07;HS09;HS14

Gives me this.
2018-11-28_11-50-59.png

The HSxx are incorrect according to the boot args, right?
Still no response on SSxx to inserting USB 3.

Attachments

• debug_32061.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 66
@RehabMan I'm very new to a hack and this is my first build. So, I'm still figuring things out. I have a quick question and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to use kernel flags to exclude USB ports. Your guide makes perfect sense and I understand the steps, but for the life me, I cannot figure out how to exclude and include ports for my testing. Can you please shine a little light for me. Thank you.

Sam

Kernel flags are specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments (generally used for flags you intend to use permanently), or via Clover options (press 'O' key in Clover or choose the options icon).

Thanks. I still have problems though.

For example, with custom flags:
-uia_exclude_ssp
-uia_exclude_hs
-uia_ignore_rmcf
-uia_include=HS04;HS07;HS09;HS14

Gives me this.
View attachment 368527

The HSxx are incorrect according to the boot args, right?
Still no response on SSxx to inserting USB 3.

You're spelling uia_include incorrectly. Should be 'uia_include', not '-uia_include'.
Also, your ioreg indicates you are using an old USBInjectAll.kext.
It seems you have an old version installed to /L/E.
Also your setting setting at config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts is wrong. You have true, should be "Detect"

Please try to read carefully; pay attention to details.

Note:
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You're spelling uia_include incorrectly. Should be 'uia_include', not '-uia_include'.
Also, your ioreg indicates you are using an old USBInjectAll.kext.
It seems you have an old version installed to /L/E.
Also your setting setting at config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts is wrong. You have true, should be "Detect"

Please try to read carefully; pay attention to details.

Note:
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Great, thanks.

Back