Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

This is an old topic between us but I was wondering if I can take my old clover folder that had all my fixes in it and copy them over I’m using the exact same rig just had my hdd go out last build and just now got around to starting over is this possible? To copy over my old files instead of redoing everything from scratch? If so the only thing I’d really need to add again is the kext usbinjectall to S/L/E ?

Off-topic.

Note: As per FAQ, kexts are installed to /L/E on 10.11 and later.

As per post #1, you sacrifice ports in order to stay with in the 15-port limit.
So, I eliminated an internal USB2 header (2 ports), two apparently-unused USB3 "ports" with the same numbers as that internal USB2 header (2 ports), two rear panel USB2 ports (2 ports), an internal SS+HS port that was entirely unused when I plugged stuff into every available external port) (2 ports), and the SS component of the internal port supporting my Bluetooth WLAN module (1 port) and am now down to exactly 15 ports on the XHCI controller.

My motherboard has two USB3.1 Gen 2 ports (a Type-C and Type-A) that do not appear under the XHC branch at all in IORegistryExplorer when devices are plugged into them, and thus they can be ignored in terms of the 15-port limit, if I'm understanding this all correctly.

At this point I:
  1. Leave USBInjectAll.kext in-place in Clover's kexts folder
  2. Leave "change XHCI to XHC" patch in Acpi section of my Clover config.plist
  3. Have my customized "SSDT-UIAC.aml" file in the "CLOVER/ACPI/patched" folder
  4. Disable the 10.13.x "Change 15 port limit" patch under "Kernel and kext patches" my Clover config.plist
Is that all correct? AKA: am I, at this point, good vis-à-vis USB?

So, I eliminated an internal USB2 header (2 ports), two apparently-unused USB3 "ports" with the same numbers as that internal USB2 header (2 ports), two rear panel USB2 ports (2 ports), an internal SS+HS port that was entirely unused when I plugged stuff into every available external port) (2 ports), and the SS component of the internal port supporting my Bluetooth WLAN module (1 port) and am now down to exactly 15 ports on the XHCI controller.

My motherboard has two USB3.1 Gen 2 ports (a Type-C and Type-A) that do not appear under the XHC branch at all in IORegistryExplorer when devices are plugged into them, and thus they can be ignored in terms of the 15-port limit, if I'm understanding this all correctly.

At this point I:
  1. Leave USBInjectAll.kext in-place in Clover's kexts folder
  2. Leave "change XHCI to XHC" patch in Acpi section of my Clover config.plist
  3. Have my customized "SSDT-UIAC.aml" file in the "CLOVER/ACPI/patched" folder
  4. Disable the 10.13.x "Change 15 port limit" patch under "Kernel and kext patches" my Clover config.plist
Is that all correct? AKA: am I, at this point, good vis-à-vis USB?

No way to verify anything without problem reporting files.
None attached.

@RehabMan my custom SSDT for my USB from this guide is successful right? here is my Files, I followed the guide is best as I could, but after doing this I'm still getting slow, sluggish response on my machine, is there something else that needs to be done?

Attachments

• debug_25906.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
@RehabMan my custom SSDT for my USB from this guide is successful right? here is my Files, I followed the guide is best as I could, but after doing this I'm still getting slow, sluggish response on my machine, is there something else that needs to be done?

Your USB config looks ok, assuming you have 4 USB3 ports, and 2 USB2-only ports.
What exactly about USB is "slow/sluggish"?

Note: config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be set "Detect", not yes/true.

Your USB config looks ok, assuming you have 4 USB3 ports, and 2 USB2-only ports.
What exactly about USB is "slow/sluggish"?

Note: config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be set "Detect", not yes/true.
ok ill do that, and usb isn't sluggish the system it self is, I know your busy but could u help me on my post in "high Sierra desktop support, I've attached all the required files in the post, just want to get to the bottom of this

Overview

One of the serious issues most users will face with 10.11.x (and later, including 10.12.x) is the new USB stack in OS X/macOS. It has a much heavier reliance on ACPI, and as a result is much more likely to expose bugs in your ACPI implementation of _PLD, and _UPC.

Hi RehabMan,

Just want to say a big "thank you" for this, and your many other, posts.

My hackingtosh is now just using the 10 existing ports, and this exercise seems to have eliminated a crash I was experiencing when I had my Fenvi FV-T919 plugged into an internal USB header. :)

Thanks!

-- Mark

Back