Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Hi,

After the SSDT is saved, should the DSDT patches for changing XHCI to XHC, EHCI to EH01, _OSI to XOSI, etc. be disabled?

Thanks

Hi,

After the SSDT is saved, should the DSDT patches for changing XHCI to XHC, EHCI to EH01, _OSI to XOSI, etc. be disabled?

Thanks

Does the guide in post #1 instruct you to remove such patches?
Answer: No.

Hi @RehabMan,

I was able to determine all ports and now even USB Type C works, thank you!
But I have one problem: Read and Write speed is around 30 MB/s with to different USB 3.0 Sticks and on USB Type C.
But I don't know why, could you please help ?

Attachments

• Archiv_.zip
    15.1 MB · Views: 112
Hi @RehabMan,

I was able to determine all ports and now even USB Type C works, thank you!
But I have one problem: Read and Write speed is around 30 MB/s with to different USB 3.0 Sticks and on USB Type C.
But I don't know why, could you please help ?

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete/wrong (ioreg is not from IORegistryExplorer v2.1.)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 98
IOREG is now from the one you provided, sorry.

Your USB configuration is wrong.
You eliminated all the SSxx ports!
No expectation of USB3 speeds when you eliminated all SSxx ports.
Read post #1. Carefully.

Your USB configuration is wrong.
You eliminated all the SSxx ports!
No expectation of USB3 speeds when you eliminated all SSxx ports.
Read post #1. Carefully.
Hi RehabMan,

but I don't have SSxx ports. I didn't have them before creating SSDT, how can I find them in IOREG ?
I removed the patch file and removed the entries in DSDT. I don't have EHC1 or EHC2 and port XHC is default, not XHCI.

So were is my failure ?o_O:banghead:

Hi RehabMan,

but I don't have SSxx ports. I didn't have them before creating SSDT, how can I find them in IOREG ?
I removed the patch file and removed the entries in DSDT. I don't have EHC1 or EHC2 and port XHC is default, not XHCI.

So were is my failure ?o_O:banghead:

If you follow the guide correctly, you will discover SSxx port usage during the "port discovery" part of the guide.

If you follow the guide correctly, you will discover SSxx port usage during the "port discovery" part of the guide.
Hi RehabMan,

I tried again from beginning and now the SSxx ports are available, BUT only in the property window :(
Also, when I plug in an USB 3.0 device, only the HSxx port is shown

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-28 um 18.17.10.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-28 um 18.17.10.png
    284.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-28 um 18.47.17.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-28 um 18.47.17.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,

I tried again from beginning and now the SSxx ports are available, BUT only in the property window :(
Also, when I plug in an USB 3.0 device, only the HSxx port is shown
Hi @RehabMan,

mystery solved. I don't know why, but in the KEXT Patches were the wrong values for find and replace. Now I can see the SSxx ports.

Thank you!

Back