Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Still not the right files in CLOVER/ACPI/origin.
Note: You have XH01 in your ioreg for XHC because you (incorrectly) have a patch for it.
The patch is poorly commented as "change XHCI to XHC", because what it actually does is change XHCI to XH01.
You should instead patch XHCI to XHC (must change XHCI->XHC_)
Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:~ rehabman$ echo -n XHC_|xxd
00000000: 5848 435f                                XHC_
Silly me! I don't know how I made that mistake originally. Well that solved my problems kinda. I was going to ask for more help but I just spent some time on it and have a working solution now. I made a DSDT although for some reason one of my ports that is in the DSDT is not showing up in IOREG. I'll have to research this more or maybe I just goofed up when doing port discovery. Anyways, hopefully this will give me perfect sleep and wake.

Thank you for all your help, I wanted to ask, is there anyway I could make a donation to you or any charity support as a sign of my gratitude. I've been working on this hackintosh for quite a while now and you have helped me out countless times.

Silly me! I don't know how I made that mistake originally. Well that solved my problems kinda. I was going to ask for more help but I just spent some time on it and have a working solution now. I made a DSDT although for some reason one of my ports that is in the DSDT is not showing up in IOREG. I'll have to research this more or maybe I just goofed up when doing port discovery. Anyways, hopefully this will give me perfect sleep and wake.

Thank you for all your help, I wanted to ask, is there anyway I could make a donation to you or any charity support as a sign of my gratitude. I've been working on this hackintosh for quite a while now and you have helped me out countless times.

DSDT is not involved in customizing USBInjectAll.kext ports.
Read post #1.

RehabMan,
First and foremost Thanks for all of this information. I have just completed my mapping and found that none of my USB 3.1 ports show up when mapping them. I do find they work, but instead show up under RP03 with a Device ID of D083 and are called out as a USB 3.0 Device. I of course would love to get these going at 3.1. 2 Questions 1 do these need to be accounted for in your port counting method, and 2 What do I need to get USB 3.1 working?

Thanks,
Kevin

DSDT is not involved in customizing USBInjectAll.kext ports.
Read post #1.
Ha slip of the tongue. I meant SSDT and got them confused. Nevertheless I still can't seem to get injection working for one USB3.0 port SSP6. Now I really don't know what to do. Also, apologizes ahead of time for no original ACPI or whatever it is that F4 at the boot screen does. My USB devices don't turn on at the clover main menu right now and I think it's a bios settings issue because they did before, and I can't get into Bios rn so :( I don't know what to do about that.

Attachments

• Upload 2.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 80
RehabMan,
First and foremost Thanks for all of this information. I have just completed my mapping and found that none of my USB 3.1 ports show up when mapping them. I do find they work, but instead show up under RP03 with a Device ID of D083 and are called out as a USB 3.0 Device. I of course would love to get these going at 3.1. 2 Questions 1 do these need to be accounted for in your port counting method, and 2 What do I need to get USB 3.1 working?

Thanks,
Kevin

No "Problem Reporting" files attached. Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Ha slip of the tongue. I meant SSDT and got them confused. Nevertheless I still can't seem to get injection working for one USB3.0 port SSP6. Now I really don't know what to do. Also, apologizes ahead of time for no original ACPI or whatever it is that F4 at the boot screen does. My USB devices don't turn on at the clover main menu right now and I think it's a bios settings issue because they did before, and I can't get into Bios rn so :( I don't know what to do about that.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Carefully.
Hint: You used the wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Carefully.
Hint: You used the wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.
You're right, I downloaded both and forgot to differentiate.

Attachments

• Upload 3.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 87
You're right, I downloaded both and forgot to differentiate.

SSP6 is not showing up because it is the 16th port you're trying to inject.
As per post #1, there is a 15-port limit in the USB drivers in 10.11+.
You need to prune down to stay within 15-ports such that you don't need the port limit patch.

Hello Rehabman, is there a possibility of USBinjectall causing random ejects of usb drives? (I have all ports working with ssdt, not using fakepci) I thought it was the drive at first but I have it happen on the hackintosh only. It will show up as removed improperly, but it will still show in finder, having replugged itself.

hi RehabMan. I have read the guide several times and this have to be the most difficult thing i have done for my hack, if you can please check if my understandig is Ok and if i can continue.
I have check my usb 2 and 3.0
list goes.

ssp1 usb3
ssp2 usb3
ssp5 usb3

EH02
PR21
HP 21 usb 2
HP 23 usb2

EH01
PR11
HP 12 usb2
HP 18 usb2
HP 11 usb2

i change the 8xxx to 8c31.

so I ended up with something like this ... is This correct.

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "UIAC-ALL", 0)
{
Device(UIAC)
{
Name(_HID, "UIA00000")

Name(RMCF, Package()
{
"EH01", Package()
{
"port-count", Buffer() { 8, 0, 0, 0 },
"ports", Package()
{
"PR11", Package()
{
"UsbConnector", 255,
"port", Buffer() { 1, 0, 0, 0 },
},
},
},
"EH02", Package()
{
"port-count", Buffer() { 6, 0, 0, 0 },
"ports", Package()
{
"PR21", Package()
{
"UsbConnector", 255,
"port", Buffer() { 1, 0, 0, 0 },
},
},
},
"8086_8c31", Package()
{
"port-count", Buffer() { 21, 0, 0, 0 },
"ports", Package()
{
"SSP1", Package()
{
"UsbConnector", 3,
"port", Buffer() { 16, 0, 0, 0 },
},
"SSP2", Package()
{
"UsbConnector", 3,
"port", Buffer() { 17, 0, 0, 0 },
},
"SSP5", Package()
{
"UsbConnector", 3,
"port", Buffer() { 20, 0, 0, 0 },
},
},
},
})
}
}
//EOF

THANKS ... for help y have a IOREG attach so you con check if needed ..

Attachments

• leo_MarBor’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6.3 MB · Views: 95
Back