Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

I agree but the green light doesn't come on and screen is black
Sorry about not having anything attached. there was either a problem on that end or my internet and I was having problems. They should be attached now.
thanks

Attachments

• filesusbinject.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 83
I agree but the green light doesn't come on and screen is black
Sorry about not having anything attached. there was either a problem on that end or my internet and I was having problems. They should be attached now.
thanks

What is the real Mac model identifier for this iMac?

Its actually the 10.12.4 update that messes with iSight. It shows up in System Info but won't actually turn on when FaceTime or anything with the camera is used. in 10.12.3 it still works fine. green light comes on and camera actually turns on for FaceTime and I can see myself

The iSight camera may need special injections to work properly...
But of course, they are not present for iMac7,1 since macOS does not support it.
You might look in ioreg with your computer running a supported system (for clues), not to mention looking in the various system kexts for clues on anything specific for USB or iSight for that specific model, or other models with that same/similar camera.

Crazy that it changed that much from just 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 but I trust what you are saying and ill do that next. Thanks again.

Crazy that it changed that much from just 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 but I trust what you are saying and ill do that next. Thanks again.

What changed between 10.12.3 and 10.12.4? This is the first mention of anything specific with those versions.

I mentioned a couple post up that I found that isight works fine on 10.12.3, the green light comes on and I can see myself in the camera.
Once I update to 10.12.4, iSight is seen in System Report under Hardware- camera but when I go to use it the green light doesn't come on and the camera view is all black in FaceTime or Photo Booth. - This happens in both 10.12.3 and 10.12.4 while my iMac is defined as 7,1 and also while using clover with smbios 13,1
Is this turning into a new thread or still related to usbinjectall?

Last edited:
Back