Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Check this out. The first IOreg is WITHOUT the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext. I have a USB 3.0 stick in my front USB 3.0 port which as you can see is loaded on HS10 and... that's it!

The second IOreg is WITH the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext loaded (and with the same stick in the same port). As you can see everything is dumped on EH and nothing happens on XHC.

BIOS Settings:
XHCI Mode -> Smart Auto
XHCI Hand-off ->Enabled
EHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
USB3 -> Enabled
Legacy USB -> Enabled

By "front USB port", you mean a port on your case?
Maybe it is not a USB3 enabled case port?
Test in Windows. Use Device Manager to see which port it is connecting to.

Also, "Problem Reporting" files are not complete, so no real analysis possible.

One thing you should try in any case though:
- with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
- add kernel flag -uia_exclude_hs

That way you won't be exceeding the port limit while trying to test (the port limit patch is known to overrun a fixed size array, which can lead to strange behavior).

Note: Dropping CPU related SSDTs is a mistake.

I used this port as an example to show you how the system responds. The same thing happens if I use ANY rear usb3 port (loaded on HS09, HS10 etc) but NOTHING on SSP.
On Windows it is exactly the same story. I used USBViewer and I see everything loaded on XHC but ONLY on the root hub for USB2.
However if I erase Hackintosh and I install Linux on the same disk everything is recognised properly (as I'm getting USB3 speeds of at least 120 MB/s) but I don't know how to check the ports. Windows are on a totally different disk which I detach when I'm running Hackintosh or Linux.
For the three OSs I'm using the exact same BIOS configuration.

Anyway, here are the rest of the files. I'll be trying the kernel flag...

Attachments

• StriderXS.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 62
I used this port as an example to show you how the system responds. The same thing happens if I use ANY rear usb3 port (loaded on HS09, HS10 etc) but NOTHING on SSP.
On Windows it is exactly the same story. I used USBViewer and I see everything loaded on XHC but ONLY on the root hub for USB2.
However if I erase Hackintosh and I install Linux on the same disk everything is recognised properly (as I'm getting USB3 speeds of at least 120 MB/s) but I don't know how to check the ports. Windows are on a totally different disk which I detach when I'm running Hackintosh or Linux.
For the three OSs I'm using the exact same BIOS configuration.

Anyway, here are the rest of the files. I'll be trying the kernel flag...

Get it working properly with Windows first.
Consider a BIOS upgrade.
Do CMOS reset.
Check/try different BIOS settings.

You Are The Master!
When you said "Do CMOS reset" it hit me! When I was trying to install Hackintosh, something went really wrong and I had to clear CMOS. Then I installed it without going into Windows first and something didn't register as it should. I cleared the CMOS again, booted into Windows, saw that everything was working great and booted back to Hackintosh. Followed your instructions and voila! Everything recognised properly and speeds 135+ MB/s.

I do not have enough words for how much I appreciate and respect all your effort, hard work and most of all patience for all of us. A simple THANK YOU is an understatement.

For anyone with similar problems: Do NOT install Hackintosh right after clearing CMOS!!!

You Are The Master!
When you said "Do CMOS reset" it hit me! When I was trying to install Hackintosh, something went really wrong and I had to clear CMOS. Then I installed it without going into Windows first and something didn't register as it should. I cleared the CMOS again, booted into Windows, saw that everything was working great and booted back to Hackintosh. Followed your instructions and voila! Everything recognised properly and speeds 135+ MB/s.

I do not have enough words for how much I appreciate and respect all your effort, hard work and most of all patience for all of us. A simple THANK YOU is an understatement.

For anyone with similar problems: Do NOT install Hackintosh right after clearing CMOS!!!

Yay!

In my 6 years of building hacks I have never been able to have sleep work properly. Now on my current Skylake system I get this after waking from sleep:
AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 1 returned 0xe00002e9 etc.

In El Cap and in Sierra, the log fills with this error after sleep. In El Cap, kernel task really starts eating CPU, in Sierra not so much. Also, in El Cap I get an error message when waking about high power usb being switched off, bit this is bogus.

I searched the site and tried several approaches, but nothing helped much.

Any solutions? Rehabman?

In my 6 years of building hacks I have never been able to have sleep work properly. Now on my current Skylake system I get this after waking from sleep:
AppleUSBHostController::setPowerStateGated: going to state 1 returned 0xe00002e9 etc.

In El Cap and in Sierra, the log fills with this error after sleep. In El Cap, kernel task really starts eating CPU, in Sierra not so much. Also, in El Cap I get an error message when waking about high power usb being switched off, bit this is bogus.

Any solutions? Rehabman?
Rehabman would probably say something like:
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Any solutions? Rehabman?

This thread is not a "sleep troubleshooting" thread.
You should open a separate thread in the appropriate desktop forum (no laptop hardware in your profile).

If you have a question regarding USB port injection and USBInjectAll.kext, post that here with "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

This thread is not a "sleep troubleshooting" thread.
You should open a separate thread in the appropriate desktop forum (no laptop hardware in your profile).

If you have a question regarding USB port injection and USBInjectAll.kext, post that here with "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.
Sorry, did my best to start in the right thread. I'm pretty old and don't 'get' the organisation of the threads etc.

Back