Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Don't use the search field (does it say anywhere in the guide to search 'XHC'?).

Navigate directly to XHC without search.

Yes Sir, sorry, i apologise.

Im super confused about XHC device-id's ...
In the OP NUC example the device data id showing is <2f a1 00 00> yet you say its 0xa12f and that matches 8086_a12f on the template, I'm really lost about how these numbers relate to each other and what do they mean and exactly where to look for them.

EDIT after hours of reading posts i realised <2f a1 00 00> is byte-reversed version 0xa12f, still don't know how to convert it tho.
My device id is <b1 8c 00 00> based on the similarity with IO name ill assume that relates to something with 8cb1? So... it will match "8086_9cb1" because its the closest.. name/number wise? :confused:

By the time i fix my USB issues ill have a Computer Science degree and will be ready to work at NASA.

Also in i can only find HPxx ports and not HSxx ones, did i mess up something?

This is as far as i got:
Back HP14 - USB2
Back HP13 - USB2
Back HP16 = SSP4 - USB3
Back HP15 = SSP3 - USB3
Back HP25 = SSP1 - USB3
Back HP26 = SSP2 - USB3
Front HP11 = SSP6 - USB3
Front HP12 = SSP5 - USB3
Front HP22 - USB2
Front HP21 - USB2

Attachments

• Prob Report.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
EDIT after hours of reading posts i realised <2f a1 00 00> is byte-reversed version 0xa12f, still don't know how to convert it tho.
My device id is <b1 8c 00 00> based on the similarity with IO name ill assume that relates to something with 8cb1? So... it will match "8086_9cb1" because its the closest.. name/number wise? :confused:

0x8cb1.
Matches 8086_8xxx

0x8cb1.
Matches 8086_8xxx
Still don't know exactly how to get the 0x8cb1 number but the rest i think i got it. Moving on..

I made some progress and did all the editing but i think i might have some error in the code cause i cant compile it.
It refers to line 1 but thats commented so i am confused.

bjU9xTjoQCmPRwj-OkEovA.png

Could you have a look at my template edit TXT version?

Attachments

• Fail Templeta Edit.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 161
  • iHack’s iMac_3.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
Still don't know exactly how to get the 0x8cb1 number but the rest i think i got it. Moving on..

You wrote: <b1 8c 00 00>
Byte reversed, it is 0x00008cb1.

I made some progress and did all the editing but i think i might have some error in the code cause i cant compile it.
It refers to line 1 but thats commented so i am confused.

bjU9xTjoQCmPRwj-OkEovA.png

Could you have a look at my template edit TXT version?

It is due to non-ASCII characters in your code...
Code:
// WIFI card “BCRM20702 HUB” Bluetooth - Internal pins.
Should be:
Code:
// WIFI card "BCRM20702 HUB" Bluetooth - Internal pins.

Don't use TextEdit unless you disable all the funny features...

USBInjectAll Did not work for sysdef iMac18,1 . Running generate_Info_plist and recompiling the kext solved it. Thanks.

USBInjectAll Did not work for sysdef iMac18,1 . Running generate_Info_plist and recompiling the kext solved it. Thanks.

I'll be adding iMac18,1 MacBook10,1 and MacBookPro14,[123] soon...

Hi friend, I did you tutorial but sometimes when I "power on" the machine all usb don't work. So I get stuck at the login screen without mouse/keyboard. Then I "hard reboot" the machine 2 or 3 times and it works. I put my mouse/keyboard dongle on ALL usb ports and nothing.

I see that it tends to happen specially when I "power on" the machine with the "monitor off".

Could you help me? This is my first time in "mac".

I attached the files I'm using.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    9.4 MB · Views: 119
  • usb.dsl
    4 KB · Views: 138
  • config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 231
Hi friend, I did you tutorial but sometimes when I "power on" the machine all usb don't work. So I get stuck at the login screen without mouse/keyboard. Then I "hard reboot" the machine 2 or 3 times and it works. I put my mouse/keyboard dongle on ALL usb ports and nothing.

I see that it tends to happen specially when I "power on" the machine with the "monitor off".

Could you help me? This is my first time in "mac".

I attached the files I'm using.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting". Carefully.

New to this forum, and trying to build a Hackintosh similar to Customac Pro (see my signature). Everything works just fine, except sleep/wake (freeze on wake). I am assuming this is due to the USB mapping. I am trying to follow your guide and I figured out the USB2/3 ports on the MB (and they all work), however I also have thunderbolt 3 (working) connected to an Apple Thunderbolt monitor (again, working, along with its internal USB hub, an external USB hub and various USB devices connected to it (all working fine). The USB devices inserted in these ports show up here in IoReg:

The controller seems to be AppleUSBEHCI and the devices under it don't have short names like HSxx... I'm a bit stumped and trying to find my way further, any help would be highly appreciated...

New to this forum, and trying to build a Hackintosh similar to Customac Pro (see my signature). Everything works just fine, except sleep/wake (freeze on wake). I am assuming this is due to the USB mapping. I am trying to follow your guide and I figured out the USB2/3 ports on the MB (and they all work), however I also have thunderbolt 3 (working) connected to an Apple Thunderbolt monitor (again, working, along with its internal USB hub, an external USB hub and various USB devices connected to it (all working fine). The USB devices inserted in these ports show up here in IoReg:

The controller seems to be AppleUSBEHCI and the devices under it don't have short names like HSxx... I'm a bit stumped and trying to find my way further, any help would be highly appreciated...

USB on Thunderbolt not related to this guide.
If you have an issue, and require analysis, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

Back