Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Easiest between what?
For your current situation, both of the tasks in my reply need to be done.

Right okay. Ill look into it. Patching AppleUSBHub.kext would be better to use Clovers Kext Kernel Patching if I'm correct.

Right okay. Ill look into it. Patching AppleUSBHub.kext would be better to use Clovers Kext Kernel Patching if I'm correct.

You can't use Clover KextsToPatch to patch AppleUSBHub.kext. Clover can only patch kexts that are in kernel cache, and it won't always be in kernel cache.

You can't use Clover KextsToPatch to patch AppleUSBHub.kext. Clover can only patch kexts that are in kernel cache, and it won't always be in kernel cache.

I see. Whats the best way to patch AppleUSBHub.kext then? Never done this before so.

Copy kext to desktop. Edit Info.plist with a plist editor. Install edited kext.

So i believe it should look something like this am i correct in saying? What about the signing of the kext?

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 02.03.45.png

Copy kext to desktop. Edit Info.plist with a plist editor. Install edited kext.

So i made the modifications in AppleUSBHub.kext using Xcode and installed it back to S/L/E. How does this look now?

Attachments

• Jack’s iMac.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 125
PRT1/3/8 are gone as a result of your edits.

That's great. Have you seen that before? I'll get on and make the SSDT and install XHCIMux. One question. Could I use that in a next version of OS X? If I make the edit in 10.11.6 can I make a backup of that kext and install it in 10.12.4 or is it better to just re-edit?

That's great. Have you seen that before?

Yes. It has come up before. Whether you run into it or not depends on the relative order of USBInjectAll vs. AppleUSBHub execution during IOService::probe.

I tend to not use SMBIOS that have hub port injectors...

I'll get on and make the SSDT and install XHCIMux. One question. Could I use that in a next version of OS X? If I make the edit in 10.11.6 can I make a backup of that kext and install it in 10.12.4 or is it better to just re-edit?

You should make the same edit to the new kext installed for 10.12.4...

Yes. It has come up before. Whether you run into it or not depends on the relative order of USBInjectAll vs. AppleUSBHub execution during IOService::probe.

I tend to not use SMBIOS that have hub port injectors...

You should make the same edit to the new kext installed for 10.12.4...

Cheers mate. That's great. I haven't checked ioreg in 10.12.4 but I'll take a look when I get time. I'm currently using 10.11.6 has my main OS as I want to avoid issues in 10.12.4 in general.

Back