Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

EFI not requested. In the future, please provide only EFI/Clover as per request in post #1.

Your ioreg shows XHC1 1b21:1142, which is an ASMedia XHCI controller. As per post #1, this guide is not covering unsupported XHCI controllers (which essentially means Intel only). Currently, you're using GenericUSBXHCI.kext to drive this controller, which may be your only option (I assume you tried the native XHCI kexts and they didn't work).

The controller at XHC is 8086:8d31 and does apply to this guide. It shows all ports activated via USBInjectAll and the port limit patch. You are ready to test all ports on that controller so you can create your custom SSDT in order to stay at or below the 15-port limit.

I used SSDT-XOSI.aml and used SSP5 and 6 as internal 255. Still no go. I see on port HS09 and HS10 AppleUSB2Hubs?
Now that should be USB3 hub.?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

In my case, EH01 does not appear, but EHC1 to EH01 rename is present in my config.plist.
I also added the port limit patch.
What I made wrong?

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 84
In my case, EH01 does not appear, but EHC1 to EH01 rename is present in my config.plist.
I also added the port limit patch.
What I made wrong?

This ioreg is from a Skylake laptop.
You should not expect to see EHCI controllers... there is only XHCI on Skylake (no EHCI in the chipset).

EFI not requested. In the future, please provide only EFI/Clover as per request in post #1.

Your ioreg shows XHC1 1b21:1142, which is an ASMedia XHCI controller. As per post #1, this guide is not covering unsupported XHCI controllers (which essentially means Intel only). Currently, you're using GenericUSBXHCI.kext to drive this controller, which may be your only option (I assume you tried the native XHCI kexts and they didn't work).

The controller at XHC is 8086:8d31 and does apply to this guide. It shows all ports activated via USBInjectAll and the port limit patch. You are ready to test all ports on that controller so you can create your custom SSDT in order to stay at or below the 15-port limit.
Thanks for your reply. This is what I've been trying to say. I got to this step easily but the part of your guide where I'm confused is what to do next, since my XHC controller isn't listed on the template (unless I don't see it). Which template group do I edit?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. This is what I've been trying to say. I got to this step easily but the part of your guide where I'm confused is what to do next, since my XHC controller isn't listed on the template (unless I don't see it). Which template group do I edit?

Thanks

I don't know why you think SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl doesn't include support for 8086:8d31. It matches "8086_8xxx".

I don't know why you think SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl doesn't include support for 8086:8d31. It matches "8086_8xxx".
I was confused because the naming I saw was device ID:<31 8d 00 00>. My mistake.

I edited everything as requested, however it looks like the settings didn't "take". I can still see all the ports even the ones I "removed". Please advise. I opened up the .aml that was created, by the way, and it looks like it deleted all my comments?? What a bummer.

Thanks

Attachments

• problems2.zip
    4 MB · Views: 81
I was confused because the naming I saw was device ID:<31 8d 00 00>. My mistake.

I edited everything as requested, however it looks like the settings didn't "take". I can still see all the ports even the ones I "removed". Please advise. I opened up the .aml that was created, by the way, and it looks like it deleted all my comments?? What a bummer.

Thanks

You did not boot from an EFI/Clover that has your SSDT-UIAC.aml.
Note from your bootlog:
Code:
3:716  0:000  Start: Processing Patched AML(s): Sorted
3:716  0:000  Inserting table[0]:SSDT.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
3:717  0:001  End: Processing Patched AML(s)

There you go.

The HSxx port that is associated with the internal hubs should also be marked UsbConnector=255.
May also be a BIOS issue (check settings0.

Back