Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

But EH01 still there, why?

It may be that EH01 still required for the hardware, therefore still enabled.
EH01 and EH02 have independent disable/enable controls.

By the way, in DPCIManager, if EH02 shows so many suggestions, may I say the driver is not properly loaded?

DPCIManager has nothing to do with whether drivers are loading or not.
That determination must be made via ioreg.

Hi @RehabMan ,

for some strange reason I cannot use the USB3 ports with these motherboard, only the USB2 ports are available, I don't know why. In making the .dsl I supposed SS ports were where also HS are ... but I was mistaken somehow...

Your ioreg is corrupt... not captured with IORegistryExplorer v2.1.
Please collect files with gen_debug.sh. Make sure IORegistryExplorer v2.1 is being used (as clearly requested in the FAQ).

Your ioreg is corrupt... not captured with IORegistryExplorer v2.1.
Please collect files with gen_debug.sh. Make sure IORegistryExplorer v2.1 is being used (as clearly requested in the FAQ).

didn't check the version of IOREG... here you have it!

Attachments

• debug_9183.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 76
Hi @RehabMan ,

for some strange reason I cannot use the USB3 ports with these motherboard, only the USB2 ports are available, I don't know why. In making the .dsl I supposed SS ports were where also HS are ... but I was mistaken somehow...
didn't check the version of IOREG... here you have it!

Your ioreg clearly shows a USB3 port working just fine (SS02).
What is the issue?

Note: SSxx port assignment may not correlate with HSxx port assignment (eg HS01 not necessarily tied to SS01).

You need to follow post #1 as written in order to discover which HSxx/SSxx correlates with each physical USB3 port.

It may be that EH01 still required for the hardware, therefore still enabled.
EH01 and EH02 have independent disable/enable controls.

DPCIManager has nothing to do with whether drivers are loading or not.
That determination must be made via ioreg.
I’m just curious about the function that a magnifier icon in front of every pci lists in DPCIManager. If the diver of one hardware is loaded, you press the magnifier, it will popout a Finder window to show you the corespondent kext. But if a driver is not loaded or not compatible, it shows suggestions(like the picture I uploaded). With this method, I found the LPC and smbus were not properly activated, so I add your ssdt for them and now when I press the magnifier, the right kext shows. For example, the magnifier of EH01 showed appleusbehcipci.kext. That’s why I said my EH02 may not be properly activated.

I’m just curious about the function that a magnifier icon in front of every pci lists in DPCIManager.

Off-topic.
This guide has nothing to do with DPCIManager.

Your ioreg clearly shows a USB3 port working just fine (SS02).
What is the issue?

Note: SSxx port assignment may not correlate with HSxx port assignment (eg HS01 not necessarily tied to SS01).

You need to follow post #1 as written in order to discover which HSxx/SSxx correlates with each physical USB3 port.

Probably I hasn't been enough clear here. What you see (SS02 port) is what I suppose to find in the corresponding HS02 port... therefore this is what I indicated in making the .dsl file... but what i'm trying to say here is that there is no SS02 port.

from your post #1:
Note that the SSxx ports will have a corresponding HSxx port. The SSxx port (or SSPx) is used when you plug in a USB3 device. The HSxx port is used when you plug in a USB2 device. USB2 only ports will use only HSxx.

this is not happening at all. There are no SSxx or USRx ports at all in the discovery phase. This with usbinjectall, XHCI-unsupported, and usb patch limit enabled.

When I insert an USB3 device the port outlined in green is still an HSxx port.

Attachments

• debug_29247.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 75
Sorry for that!
Have you other suggestions I can try to activate all the external and internal usb 2.0 ports that under control of the EH02? Thanks.

If you have an issue, you must describe it in detail and attach problem reporting files.

but what i'm trying to say here is that there is no SS02 port.

Nonsense.
The ioreg you attached previously clearly shows a USB3 device connected to SS02.

and usb patch limit enabled.

This guide DOES NOT use the port limit patch.
Refer to post #1 for correct procedures.

Back