CPU
i7-930
Graphics
HD 4870
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I already changed the values to 255 but it still happens.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I already changed the values to 255 but it still happens.
Any change requires new problem reporting files.
None attached.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Attached.Bless
HP15 should be portType=2 as it is internal (unless it is a BT dongle you have plugged in).
And you really have all 8 ports on the PR11 hub (HP11->HP18)?
Same question for the 6 ports on PR21 hub (HP21->HP26).
Inactive/disconnected ports should be eliminated.

And the hubs at HP25 and HP26 are associated with the SSP7/SSP8, right?
So, they are internal devices and therefore should be marked portType=2.

Also, your SMBIOS choice is causing a few extra injects: PRT1,PRT3,PRT8. Fixing that requires patching/changing the Info.plist in Apple provided kext AppleUSBHub.kext.

But you didn't really mention what the issue is you're trying to solve.

Motherboard
X58A-UD5
CPU
i7-930
Graphics
HD 4870
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
HP15 should be portType=2 as it is internal (unless it is a BT dongle you have plugged in).
And you really have all 8 ports on the PR11 hub (HP11->HP18)?
Same question for the 6 ports on PR21 hub (HP21->HP26).
Inactive/disconnected ports should be eliminated.
HP15/16 are 2 USB2 ports that's connected the a MB Header in Front of Case (PR11).HP15 is an IOGEAR Bluetooth Dongle.HP16 is a Logitech USB Receiver for Keyboard Mouse.PR11 hub (HP11->HP18) was not here before I changed to 255 I believe.
PR21 are the 2 Rear ports on the MB one of which has a Apple Wired Keyboard that has 2 USB ports on it.(Just for Testing.)That is HP25/26.

And the hubs at HP25 and HP26 are associated with the SSP7/SSP8, right?
So, they are internal devices and therefore should be marked portType=2.
No,explained above.

Also, your SMBIOS choice is causing a few extra injects: PRT1,PRT3,PRT8. Fixing that requires patching/changing the Info.plist in Apple provided kext AppleUSBHub.kext.
Those PRT1-3 came up when I insert a USB2 stick into the USB3 ports at the rear.That is the reason my SSDT is the way it is because I saw those PRT come up but the UIAC-ALL had no trace of that.I choose 13,2 since that is closest matching to what Apple Offered at the time, what should I move to 14,1,2?I Have no idea how to apply that patch, any links?
But you didn't really mention what the issue is you're trying to solve.
I did,refer to my earlier post but in any case seems like my SSDT is screwed up right?Jeez this is frustrating....
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "UIAC-ALL", 0)
{
    Device(UIAC)
    {
        Name(_HID, "UIA00000")

Name(RMCF, Package()
        {       
            "EH01", Package()
            {
                "port-count", Buffer() { 8, 0, 0, 0 },
                "ports", Package()
                {
                    "PR11", Package() // Front USB2
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                        "port", Buffer() { 1, 0, 0, 0 },               
                    },
                },
            },
            "EH02", Package()
            {
                "port-count", Buffer() { 6, 0, 0, 0 },
                "ports", Package()
                {
                    "PR21", Package() // Rear USB2
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                        "port", Buffer() { 1, 0, 0, 0 },     
                    },
                },
            },
            "8086_1e31", Package()
            {
                "port-count", Buffer() { 8, 0, 0, 0 },
                "ports", Package()
                {

"SSP7", Package() // Front USB3
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                        "port", Buffer() { 7, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "SSP8", Package() // Rear USB3
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                        "port", Buffer() { 8, 0, 0, 0 },       
                    },
                },
            },
        })
    }
}
//EOF

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
HP15/16 are 2 USB2 ports that's connected the a MB Header in Front of Case (PR11).HP15 is an IOGEAR Bluetooth Dongle.
No.
Your ioreg shows those ports (HP15/HP16) are connected to a hub.
Therefore the hub is internal, and should be marked portType=2 as per guide.
Look at your ioreg closely.

I did,refer to my earlier post but in any case seems like my SSDT is screwed up right?Jeez this is frustrating....
No time to hunt for this "earlier post".
Your responsibility to state the current problem with each set of PR files.

Motherboard
X58A-UD5
CPU
i7-930
Graphics
HD 4870
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
No need to 'Hunt' as I did explain myself before and gave debug files in that post.I'm going to start over since I don't want you 'Hunting' for anything ok cause god forbid you pop a vein.
Can you provide a link or summary as I asked before where I can figure this out as changing my SMBIOS may mean my serial etc too which could affect other stuff.I'm going to assume that once this is not addressed I can't move forward once I want to keep my SMBIOS right?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can you provide a link or summary as I asked before where I can figure this out as changing my SMBIOS may mean my serial etc too which could affect other stuff.I'm going to assume that once this is not addressed I can't move forward once I want to keep my SMBIOS right?
These injections in the Apple USB kexts are covered here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.232991/

No need to 'Hunt' as I did explain myself before and gave debug files in that post.I'm going to start over since I don't want you 'Hunting' for anything ok cause god forbid you pop a vein.
I will generally scroll up on the current page looking for the issue, and if not found, then I don't bother going back to previous pages. As it happens, with posts that lack required information, requests for the required information all take up space and the real issue scrolls off into pages way back that I'm not willing to go looking for.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370N WiFi
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for the thorough guide @RehabMan, I really appreciate the level of detail. I am trying to create a custom SSDT for my motherboard, making sure to include the two front USB ports that are so more accessible than the rear ports. I have a question though. My motherboard has seven USB ports in the rear (6 regular + 1 USB-C) and two front ports. Since all of them are USB 3.0, I will have 18 HS/SS ports in total - excluding peripherals like bluetooth, M2 SSD disk etc. I just want to make sure: do all the HS/SS ports count towards the port limit? In case they do, and if I understand your guide right, I would have to choose a few ports to keep out of the SSDT in order to honor the 15 port limit. Is my understanding right?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for the thorough guide @RehabMan, I really appreciate the level of detail. I am trying to create a custom SSDT for my motherboard, making sure to include the two front USB ports that are so more accessible than the rear ports. I have a question though. My motherboard has seven USB ports in the rear (6 regular + 1 USB-C) and two front ports. Since all of them are USB 3.0, I will have 18 HS/SS ports in total - excluding peripherals like bluetooth, M2 SSD disk etc. I just want to make sure: do all the HS/SS ports count towards the port limit? In case they do, and if I understand your guide right, I would have to choose a few ports to keep out of the SSDT in order to honor the 15 port limit. Is my understanding right?
The 15-port limit is per controller.
If some of your 18 ports are on different controllers, then you may not have an issue with the limit.
If all of them are on XHC, you will need to sacrifice some of them to stay within the 15-port limit.

You will find out as you go through port discovery.