Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain correctly. I have 4 different USB ports that use the same instance of EH01/PR11 at port HP15

Not possible unless HP15 has a hub connected to it.
If you wish to attach an ioreg that shows these 3 devices connected to HP15 (again, not possible without a hub in between), I'd be more than happy to look at it...

Not possible unless HP15 has a hub connected to it.
If you wish to attach an ioreg that shows these 3 devices connected to HP15 (again, not possible without a hub in between), I'd be more than happy to look at it...

I numbered my ports, When I test ports 8, 9, 10 io registry shows activity on HP15

Attachments

• 2018-09-08 21-34.jpg
    2018-09-08 21-34.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 70
I numbered my ports, When I test ports 8, 9, 10 io registry shows activity on HP15

As you can clearly see, HP15 has a hub connected to it (you will also notice the hub before connecting anything to those ports).

There is no hub, those are the USB ports of the motherboard, back panel of the case

Those ports are clearly connected to an internal hub (which in turn is connected to HP15).
It is proven in the ioreg image you attached in post #2077.

Topography:
EH01 (controller) -> PR11 (port on the controller) -> HUB1 (internal hub) -> HP15 (port on the hub) -> internal hub -> various external ports, each of which you have connected to an external hub.

Those ports are clearly connected to an internal hub (which in turn is connected to HP15).
It is proven in the ioreg image you attached in post #2077.

Topography:
EH01 (controller) -> PR11 (port on the controller) -> HUB1 (internal hub) -> HP15 (port on the hub) -> internal hub -> various external ports, each of which you have connected to an external hub.

Ok, thanks. But then how would I use that on the SSDT template they way it is structured?

Also, those 3 ports are supposed to be USB3 but it recognizes it only as USB2

Thanks

Ok, thanks. But then how would I use that on the SSDT template they way it is structured?

The SSDT is to configure only ports directly attached to the controller(s) and/or HUB1/HUB2 (connected to PR11/PR21 on EH01/EH02 respectively).

Also, those 3 ports are supposed to be USB3 but it recognizes it only as USB2

You should find a hub also connected to an SSxx port on XHC that corresponds.
But you probably have XHC configured incorrectly or forgot to install the necessary X99 injector kext.

Make sure you read the USBInjectAll.kext README. Carefully.

The SSDT is to configure only ports directly attached to the controller(s) and/or HUB1/HUB2 (connected to PR11/PR21 on EH01/EH02 respectively).

You should find a hub also connected to an SSxx port on XHC that corresponds.
But you probably have XHC configured incorrectly or forgot to install the necessary X99 injector kext.

Make sure you read the USBInjectAll.kext README. Carefully.

I went through it twice now, tested twice and still the same result

In regards to SSxx it responds ro SSP1, SSP2, SSP3 and SSP4 on port 1, 2, 10 and 11. Ports 3-6 I get ,HP23, HP24, HP25 and HP26. Ports 8-10 I always get Different instances of HP15

I went through it twice now, tested twice and still the same result

In regards to SSxx it responds ro SSP1, SSP2, SSP3 and SSP4 on port 1, 2, 10 and 11. Ports 3-6 I get ,HP23, HP24, HP25 and HP26. Ports 8-10 I always get Different instances of HP15

If you have an issue, you must attach problem reporting files.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Back