Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for your reply,
I am sending debug files, hope will be useful.

Your ioreg shows a hub connected to HS10.
The ioreg shows no devices are connected to ports on the HS10 hub.

Note: If the HS10 hub is internal, it should be marked UsbConnector=255.

The only USB3 device plugged in (in this ioreg) is the card reader at SS01.

Hi,

I tried following the guide, plugging in and out USB 2.0 devices does produces red/green in IOReg, however, since USB 3.0 peripheral are not working (which is why I am looking to build a DSDT) it is not producing anything in IOReg.

How can I fix ?

I have a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5.

Thank you

Your ioreg shows a hub connected to HS10.
The ioreg shows no devices are connected to ports on the HS10 hub.

Note: If the HS10 hub is internal, it should be marked UsbConnector=255.

The only USB3 device plugged in (in this ioreg) is the card reader at SS01.

Yes it was because there was no device connected at time I did "gen_debug". Should I do it again with connected devices?
There is no change happening if I marked HS10 = 255, the port continue behaves like slow port usb2

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,
I followed your guide thanks a lot. I have now learned to make USB SSDT implementations (possibly for all the scenarios).
My implementation is working, I've reduced all the ports BUT once you count USB2/USB3 that show up in IOReg the total number is above 14. I have around 18/19 to be precise (I don't have yet a USB type C connector to check one last port).
In this case I cannot disable the USB Port Limit Patch, correct?
So once completed the implementation of the USB profile I leave USBInjectAll where it is and the USB Port Limit patch active?
Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I tried following the guide, plugging in and out USB 2.0 devices does produces red/green in IOReg, however, since USB 3.0 peripheral are not working (which is why I am looking to build a DSDT) it is not producing anything in IOReg.

How can I fix ?

I have a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5.

Thank you

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Yes it was because there was no device connected at time I did "gen_debug". Should I do it again with connected devices?
There is no change happening if I marked HS10 = 255, the port continue behaves like slow port usb2

If it is a USB3 hub, it should also have an associated SSxx port.
Make sure you do port discovery correctly.

Hi RehabMan,
I followed your guide thanks a lot. I have now learned to make USB SSDT implementations (possibly for all the scenarios).
My implementation is working, I've reduced all the ports BUT once you count USB2/USB3 that show up in IOReg the total number is above 14. I have around 18/19 to be precise (I don't have yet a USB type C connector to check one last port).
In this case I cannot disable the USB Port Limit Patch, correct?
So once completed the implementation of the USB profile I leave USBInjectAll where it is and the USB Port Limit patch active?
Thanks a lot!

As per guide, you must sacrifice ports in order to stay within the 15-port limit.

As per guide, you must sacrifice ports in order to stay within the 15-port limit.
...and remove the 15 Port Limit patch and have a more reliable system..?
Thanks a lot!

Back