Contribute
Register

[Guide] Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

Hi Rehabman,

First of all thanks a million for all your posts and work!

I have hit a wall, and I need some help. I have all ports running, and even the USB 3 ports seem to work (usb2 speeds), although there is also a bit of lag with load time plugging devices in, and sometimes they don't acknowledge devices being at all.

*Forgot to mention i'm on Sierra 10.12.6*

So I seem to be a bit stuck. I've gotten as far as:
- changing EHCx renames
- i've entered the port limit patch.
- installed USBInjectAll.kext
- installed FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_XHCIMUX.kext
- I believe i've tried with and without -uia_ignore_rmcf

Essentially i've been able to figure out all the connected USB 2 ports for my rig, using IOregistry. I've found that they use:
HP11-12 (front panel), HP17-18 (rear panel bottom), HP21-26. (rear panel top section) (All are USB 2 ports)

The main issue is I don't have an XHC anywhere I've included the XHCI to XHC_ patch in my config.plist, but that still doesn't make an XHC appear in Ioreg. I have pinpointed that all four USB 3 slots on my rig (two on front panel, and two on back panel) are showing up in Ioreg under:

PEX5@1c,5 - genericusbxhci (front usb 3 slots)
PEX6@1c,6 - genericusbxhci (rear usb 3 slots)

Is there something i'm running like the genericusbxhci.kext that is preventing XHC port injection? or something else that i'm just not privy to?
Is it possible to just create a custom SSDT with the known HPxx ports injected and the PEX ports as well?

This is a bit out of my "pay grade" so to speak, so I would appreciate any and all help you could give me with this.

also I am a bit confused as to how to create a custom SSDT for the USBInjectAll.kext. I have read the guide many times over, do i just create a new Xcode file and copy the template in and then modify it with the port ids and UsbConnector types for my rig? and then copy that to clover/ACPI/Patched? or do i need to modify one of the SSDT files that is already present in there? (the ones in there were from a working EFI folder I copied to get my rig up and running, I didn't know whether to keep those in there after I got the rig going, so i just left them so as not to break anything.

thanks ahead for any advice you may have.

Attachments

• Problem Solving Files 1.1.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hi Rehabman,

First of all thanks a million for all your posts and work!

I have hit a wall, and I need some help. I have all ports running, and even the USB 3 ports seem to work (usb2 speeds), although there is also a bit of lag with load time plugging devices in, and sometimes they don't acknowledge devices being at all.

So I seem to be a bit stuck. I've gotten as far as:
- changing EHCx renames
- i've entered the port limit patch.
- installed USBInjectAll.kext
- installed FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_XHCIMUX.kext
- I believe i've tried with and without -uia_ignore_rmcf

Essentially i've been able to figure out all the connected USB 2 ports for my rig, using IOregistry. I've found that they use:
HP11-12 (front panel), HP17-18 (rear panel bottom), HP21-26. (rear panel top section) (All are USB 2 ports)

The main issue is I don't have an XHC anywhere I've included the XHCI to XHC_ patch in my config.plist, but that still doesn't make an XHC appear in Ioreg. I have pinpointed that all four USB 3 slots on my rig (two on front panel, and two on back panel) are showing up in Ioreg under:

PEX5@1c,5 - genericusbxhci (front usb 3 slots)
PEX6@1c,6 - genericusbxhci (rear usb 3 slots)

Is there something i'm running like the genericusbxhci.kext that is preventing XHC port injection? or something else that i'm just not privy to?
Is it possible to just create a custom SSDT with the known HPxx ports injected and the PEX ports as well?

This is a bit out of my "pay grade" so to speak, so I would appreciate any and all help you could give me with this.

also I am a bit confused as to how to create a custom SSDT for the USBInjectAll.kext. I have read the guide many times over, do i just create a new Xcode file and copy the template in and then modify it with the port ids and UsbConnector types for my rig? and then copy that to clover/ACPI/Patched? or do i need to modify one of the SSDT files that is already present in there? (the ones in there were from a working EFI folder I copied to get my rig up and running, I didn't know whether to keep those in there after I got the rig going, so i just left them so as not to break anything.

thanks ahead for any advice you may have.

X79 does not have Intel USB3 (it is not part of the chipset).
non-Intel USB3 is not part of this guide.

You can configure EH01/EH02 (and related hubs HUB1/HUB2) using this guide.

X79 does not have Intel USB3 (it is not part of the chipset).
non-Intel USB3 is not part of this guide.

You can configure EH01/EH02 (and related hubs HUB1/HUB2) using this guide.
Thanks for the speedy reply and clarification. So essentially there is no way for me to get the USB 3's functional on this board with OS 10.12.6 because they aren't intel usb3 ports?

Thanks for the speedy reply and clarification. So essentially there is no way for me to get the USB 3's functional on this board with OS 10.12.6 because they aren't intel usb3 ports?

Suggest you install a compatible USB3 controller (such as one that is FL1100 based).

Suggest you install a compatible USB3 controller (such as one that is FL1100 based).
thanks for the suggestion. I will try that ASAP.

*also another quick question... I read somewhere that changing my smbios to mac6.1 (currently on mac5.1) could potentially enable the fl100 natively... is this false info? and should i remove all the kext patches and boot args that I have applied whilst attempting your fix previously?*

thanks for the suggestion. I will try that ASAP.

*also another quick question... I read somewhere that changing my smbios to mac6.1 (currently on mac5.1) could potentially enable the fl100 natively... is this false info? and should i remove all the kext patches and boot args that I have applied whilst attempting your fix previously?*

FL1100 is off-topic here, but AFAIK, FL1100 native support is not dependent on SMBIOS choice.

I have installed High Sierra on my ASRock 370m today, but can't get the Rear USB ports to work at all ( strangely, they show up in Safe Mode ). I have followed your guide to the point, but the InjectAllUSB kext doesn't seem to have any effect. I have also changed the Port limit. Any ideas ?

I have installed High Sierra on my ASRock 370m today, but can't get the Rear USB ports to work at all ( strangely, they show up in Safe Mode ). I have followed your guide to the point, but the InjectAllUSB kext doesn't seem to have any effect. I have also changed the Port limit. Any ideas ?
read post 1 , Problem Reporting

Back