Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
this worked for my brcm4321 (netgear wn311b)

download the attached file and drag it to kext helper. for some reason manually installing didn't work for me (but did in 10.6.8)

if you have problems you can try:
removing io80211
replacing io80211 from 10.6.8
rebrand as airport card(expert mode)

my card is performing much better than it did under 10.6.8. Im getting N speeds, no more dropped connections.

yes there is one problem: i don't think airdrop will work with this. this doesn't matter to me as i have a server but maybe somebody has a better solution?

Attachments

• Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 996
junglistmassive said:
this worked for my brcm4321 (netgear wn311b)

download the attached file and drag it to kext helper. for some reason manually installing didn't work for me (but did in 10.6.8)

if you have problems you can try:
removing io80211
replacing io80211 from 10.6.8
rebrand as airport card(expert mode)

my card is performing much better than it did under 10.6.8. Im getting N speeds, no more dropped connections.

yes there is one problem: i don't think airdrop will work with this. this doesn't matter to me as i have a server but maybe somebody has a better solution?
Do you think this would work for a broadcom 57xx ?
Thank you,

Thank you for reporting back Gravewyrm glad it worked for you.

Oli, isn't that Ethernet? Do a search over at kexts.com I think I've seen something. You would probably have to remove ionetworkingfamily kext to get anything to work. Good luck

junglistmassive said:
Thank you for reporting back Gravewyrm glad it worked for you.

Oli, isn't that Ethernet? Do a search over at kexts.com I think I've seen something. You would probably have to remove ionetworkingfamily kext to get anything to work. Good luck
Thank you, I see if I can find this.

Baruy said:
Thank you for this post, my BCM94321MC is working now after trying so many different solutions.

Hey Baruy what did you do?
I have a BCM94321MC too and I can't get it working in my Toshiba Satelite c655 s5212 running lion.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I've tried everything. When I first installed it, it was detected but then it kept turning off by itself and now its not even recognized. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Baruy what did you do?
I have a BCM94321MC too and I can't get it working in my Toshiba Satelite c655 s5212 running lion.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I've tried everything. When I first installed it, it was detected but then it kept turning off by itself and now its not even recognized. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just downloaded the Broadcom43xxFamilyrev2.kext zip file from junglistmassive above, and installed it using Kext Helper B7. I then deleted IO80211.kext from my Lion/Library/Extensions folder, ran Multibeast to run System Utilities, and after this, my WiFi was working again.

Hi guys, my internet is dropping CONSTANTLY, any ideas on what could be happening?

Thanks.

hi walter,

sometimes broadcom chip based adapters drop the connection if its idle for too long but I'm going to assume yours drops in the middle of downloads which is unacceptable.

1 it could be because of your range to router, or interference. move metal objects out of the way (my netgear drops connection if i have a can of coke near the device) or try elevating your adapter. I find if i keep mine above all the computers, ~5ft off the ground, it gets amazing signal and never drops.

2 make sure you followed my steps in original post, i don't know if this solution even works without removing 80211family but maybe you skipped a step. also check your setup you might have loosened a cable or maybe try moving your card to a different pci slot.

3 brand of router has a lot to do with broadcom problems. for example I've seen poor performance with most linksys routers even using apple machines. if you have a spare router, try that. otherwise I've had success with my dlink router and obviously a netgear would work best because they use broadcom chips.

i know you said your internet was working fine before, but i updated to 10.7.1 straight from software update, re-followed the steps to get broadcom wireless working, and now my wireless is even faster. hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back