Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

So I replaced the Config File with yours. Now I get Stuck even earlier

btw thanks for taking the time to help me out. This is my first Hackintosh build, so I really appreciate it !
Can anyone help with this ?

I were following this guide, but when I was trying to boot with USB, I got kernel panic

Screen_Shot_3.jpg

Oh, what should I do now?
First read the latest FAQ @Feartech has written. Use a SMBIOS that matches your LAPTOP hardware. Do not use Unibeast to create your USB installer. Follow directions 100 % if you want success.

Thanks sir, i will try that

First read the latest FAQ @Feartech has written. Use a SMBIOS that matches your LAPTOP hardware. Do not use Unibeast to create your USB installer. Follow directions 100 % if you want success.
I tried to set dvmt pre-alloc by using this:
1599162563840.png

and changed smbios that matchs my laptop hardware
1599162634871.png

But the problem still continue. :|
1599162634871.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
showpicker is set to true in your config.plist, so when you boot from your usb stick, it should come up with a menu?
It does not. As stated in the first post I had an attachment, the attachment has the bootleg from open core. It sticks on loading HfsPlus. It does nothing after that. Can you please look at my zip files. I also do believe I already reset no ram. I have actually read the opencore pdf And attempted to figure out my issues myself.

I've tried this multiple times following the Oper Core Inatallation Guide with different USBs. Near the end of the process where it writes the Recovery files to the USB, it stops and say something about a drive/volume referenced not being present. All in all, the whole process is full of vulnerabilities, with different scipts and commends from GibMacOS. And that's minor compared with the very detailed Open Core Install guide.

The claimed advantages of Open Core are promising, but IMHO they have a long way to go before the process will be attractive for even moderately-exprienced people like me.

I've tried this multiple times following the Oper Core Inatallation Guide with different USBs. Near the end of the process where it writes the Recovery files to the USB, it stops and say something about a drive/volume referenced not being present. All in all, the whole process is full of vulnerabilities, with different scipts and commends from GibMacOS. And that's minor compared with the very detailed Open Core Install guide.

The claimed advantages of Open Core are promising, but IMHO they have a long way to go before the process will be attractive for even moderately-exprienced people like me.
not seen that before, what usb stick are you using?

Back