Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting The USB Installer Using OpenCore

yes, but you need to make sure to use a correct smbios and platform ID etc

Ok thanks, I’m pretty familiar with those. My WIP is dual boot, is there a different screen for selecting OS?. I suppose there won’t be a Clover screen letting you select one.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, I’m pretty familiar with those. My WIP is dual boot, is there a different screen for selecting OS?. I suppose there won’t be a Clover screen letting you select OS.
you can look into "Canopy"

So I got this far before thinking, I should double check I'm in the right place. My first concern is, have I selected the right 'config.plist'?. My second concern is, I know which values to change, AAPL,ig-platform-id, device-id and model. I'm actually going to install on my Mac mini which has the H110MSTX, HD630 and i3-7100, and I can see the model has to be changed to Intel HD Graphics HD630. I'm just not sure of the other two values.

OC1.PNG

So I got this far before thinking, I should double check I'm in the right place. My first concern is, have I selected the right 'config.plist'?. My second concern is, I know which values to change, AAPL,ig-platform-id, device-id and model. I'm actually going to install on my Mac mini which has the H110MSTX, HD630 and i3-7100, and I can see the model has to be changed to Intel HD Graphics HD630. I'm just not sure of the other two values.

View attachment 481233
yes, you will need to change the platformID and deviceID and model as they are currently set to a skylake laptop

Are these the values I'm looking for?.

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 9.45.49 AM.png

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, when I created the USB installer 1st time, it worked. I got to disk utility and the installer, but after the first restart I wasn't given an option to continue installation, just a black screen and a flashing under score. After rebuilding the USB installer again, Just flashing under score.

I haven't given up on this!, It will probably take a couple of attempts to get right. But instead of using my Mac mini, I will use my true Skylake WIP build, I think I was having issues with values for the Kaby Lake processor. I have a question though, In post#1 we seem to be downloading just one package, 500MB, where as in the the GIBmacOS video we're downloading a 7.7GB package. This time I skipped the 'r' recovery and opted for '1' the full package. I will try and install again after changing some values.

you lost me at "We Will Use Windows..."

Back