Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ROG GL502VS (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, GTX 1070) Sierra 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I want to try this on my GL502VS-Q72S-CB. does it work with high sierra or should i use the same version you used? and btw I can't load any image on the first post so I don't know how to make the usb and other stuff.
Here's the full specs of my laptop
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234333
thank you
Hi, right now only I can say is that I allready install high sierra . So perhaps its possible to! Your laptop is very similar with mine.

Hey everyone =

Followed the guide, thanks by the way, including links to links to links of guides, but I still need your lights please. Reaching the max of my computer knowledge and understanding...

Basically i'm at the same point as user "Husek" on page 18 of this thread.

I'm still getting no joy on so far tested :
  • Backlight
  • Keyboard backlight
  • (and wifi + BT because I still need to change the hardware. So might cause further problems)

Other things will need fixing and stabilising before being able to start working with Adobe Suite, but going step by step.
As I said, not being as good (but improving) in this domain, please make remarks on the files attached if incoherent.

Cheers

Thanks iamsanoj.
Being of work a while, I just did a clean install a few days ago. Haven't tried testing the new build in action with heavy renders on video compositing or VFX softwares, but everything seems pretty good so far. All tho, I still have not tried fixing HDMI audio or native backlight control (using brightness slider app).

I do have concerns on power consumption when on battery, it seems to drain pretty quickly. Leaving me with maybe 50mins to an hour of worktime when having to modifiy and render work for a client, when there are no power outlets on the field. A very stressfull situation. Might be GPU power management related ?

When any of you Pros have some time and bounce some feedback on my build, that would be great.

Enjoy the weeknd!

PS: Using config.plist not config 2.plist
PS(2): If there is any newbie on this thread, like me, who didn't manage to fix keyboard backlight using this guide. After months of searching, I got it to work with attached DSDT patch txt. Hope it helps someone... :)

Attachments

• debug_29032.zip
    5 MB · Views: 114
  • KeyboardBacklight Patch 4.txt
    3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Oi there,
I've been trying to install OSX(high sierra) on the GL502VS. Can boot from usb, install, no touchpad.
Installed clover into EFI partition with files from the ROG_Sierra folder, and unable to boot (KP), says "Still waiting for root device".
Tried to add -s USBBusFix=yes -s args w/o luck.
The only way to boot into macos atm is to use usb's clover and select macos partition.
Attached clover efi partiton, thanks in advance!
edit : updated boot log
edit2: Solved by installing latest clover (r4910)

Attachments

• IMG_20190330_234807.jpg
    IMG_20190330_234807.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20190330_234840.jpg
    IMG_20190330_234840.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 88
  • boot.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Hi, I have a DW1820A WiFi card and I have trouble getting it work. I found that it works out of the box, but is there anything modified in ROG_502_Sierra.zip that wouldn't let me access the card? I would like to know how to whitelist (Like replacing kexts and/or KextToPatch EFI config.plist find and replace) this card to make it work.

Any help is appreciated.

(PS: I can post logs, but I'm a beginner, so I need some help, ask me what's needed)

Attachments

• DW1820A support.png
    DW1820A support.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 129
Hello,

I've gotten my ASUS G752VS to a working desktop but when I try step 7b I get to the point where I make the DSDT.dsl file and when I open it into MaciASL it has these errors before and after applying the patches:

1583706038146.png

It corresponds to this line of code:

1583706120098.png

My googling hasn't helped me to this point, Any suggestions?

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
Hi, I have Asus ROG GL502VS (Kaby Lake, i7-7700HQ, GTX 1070). I was successfully installed BCM94360CS2 WiFi card (using M.2 NGFF adapter card). To do it I need remove (with wire cutters) hook of the Kensington lock. WiFi and BT are working OOB on Asus ROG GL502VS under Sierra 10.12.6 and under Windows 10 using drivers. Kensington lock is used.
Troubles were before with BT of DW1560.

Last edited:
Hi, I have an asus gl502vm (it 6700hq and gtx 1060) with high sierra. Almost all is working, except:
-Brightness control and keyboard light.
-Fn keys don't work either.
-Fan speed not showing on HWMonitor, and battery percentage slightly different on hwmonitor.
-Fans are loud, and sometimes they turn on at full speed with no reason.

I would like to know if somebody has got a laptop like mine or similar like 502vs with all fully working or at least some of my problems fixes. If that the case could please upload the SSDT and the config.plist? Just want to see what is different to mine in order to fix it.

I attach my files also, in case somebody could help me. I would really appreciate your help because I need this laptop for university and is sometimes very annoying because is too loud. By the way, this laptop is triple boot (ubuntu, Windows 10 and Mac OS High Sierra).

Thank you.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.5 KB · Views: 80
  • SSDT.aml
    2.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSDT.aml
    170.9 KB · Views: 57
Hi, I have an asus gl502vm (it 6700hq and gtx 1060) with high sierra. Almost all is working, except:
-Brightness control and keyboard light.
-Fn keys don't work either.
-Fan speed not showing on HWMonitor, and battery percentage slightly different on hwmonitor.
-Fans are loud, and sometimes they turn on at full speed with no reason.

I would like to know if somebody has got a laptop like mine or similar like 502vs with all fully working or at least some of my problems fixes. If that the case could please upload the SSDT and the config.plist? Just want to see what is different to mine in order to fix it.

I attach my files also, in case somebody could help me. I would really appreciate your help because I need this laptop for university and is sometimes very annoying because is too loud. By the way, this laptop is triple boot (ubuntu, Windows 10 and Mac OS High Sierra).

Thank you.
do you also have intel graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back