Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ROG GL502VS (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, GTX 1070) Sierra 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do....

Now I have another problem, I installed the voodoo kext as described in post #1 and now my whole system crashed on boot because of it. Any ideas if I can fix or why its doing that?

i managed to boot into single user mode and delete the kext... the kext that came with the files in post #1 is VoodooI2C.kext to get the trackpad working... is there a newer version possibly?

Hey guys, my ROG has slightly different configs, since it's the European version:

i7-7700HQ
32gb ram
512gb SSD + 1tb HDD
GTX 1070

I've been trying to install OSX for a while now, and I've tried all sort of different gimmicks (different fakeCpuIds, a variety of different smbios), but at the end of the day, I've always got the same error (pic attached).

The installation goes pristine, and then after the first reboot, I got this error.

I'm trying to install it on my SSD, which looks like this:
512GB SSD - Partition Style (GPT)
- 256mb EFI
- 350gb: Windows 10 - NTFS (GPT)
- 125gb: OSX - HFSXJ
- 499mb - Recovery

Also, I've attached my latest clover attempt, which was with a SMBIOS of a macbook14,3 since it seems to have the same configs as my laptop.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20170916_014856.jpg
    20170916_014856.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 120
  • clover.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 86
Hey guys, my ROG has slightly different configs, since it's the European version:

i7-7700HQ
32gb ram
512gb SSD + 1tb HDD
GTX 1070

I've been trying to install OSX for a while now, and I've tried all sort of different gimmicks (different fakeCpuIds, a variety of different smbios), but at the end of the day, I've always got the same error (pic attached).

The installation goes pristine, and then after the first reboot, I got this error.

I'm trying to install it on my SSD, which looks like this:
512GB SSD - Partition Style (GPT)
- 256mb EFI
- 350gb: Windows 10 - NTFS (GPT)
- 125gb: OSX - HFSXJ
- 499mb - Recovery

Also, I've attached my latest clover attempt, which was with a SMBIOS of a macbook14,3 since it seems to have the same configs as my laptop.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks!

You need to repartition the target disk such that the macOS install target partition is first.

You need to repartition the target disk such that the macOS install target partition is first.

Even for the EFI? I mean, Mac OS target disk should be literally the first or the first right next to EFI?

Even for the EFI? I mean, Mac OS target disk should be literally the first or the first right next to EFI?

EFI will be first. But the first partition you see in Disk Utility will be your macOS partition, on account for the fact that Disk Utility doesn't show the 200mb EFI partition.

EFI will be first. But the first partition you see in Disk Utility will be your macOS partition, on account for the fact that Disk Utility doesn't show the 200mb EFI partition.
Thanks man! Just Installed and Booted :)

However, I can't compile my DSDT, I got these errors:
264 6074 Name already exist in scope (BNUM)
41751 6084 Object does not exist (B0DV)
41890 6084 Object does not exist (B0C3)

Also, I couldn't find that method for the keyboard backlight (Method (SCDG, 1, NotSerialized)).
I have a SCDG, 2 that returns a Zero, and that's it.

I've attached my DSDT, just in case.

Once again, thanks for your help, It's nice to finally boot into OS X, specially after almost a week struggling to pass through the installation screen :)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    173.3 KB · Views: 120
Thanks man! Just Installed and Booted :)

However, I can't compile my DSDT, I got these errors:
264 6074 Name already exist in scope (BNUM)
41751 6084 Object does not exist (B0DV)
41890 6084 Object does not exist (B0C3)

Also, I couldn't find that method for the keyboard backlight (Method (SCDG, 1, NotSerialized)).
I have a SCDG, 2 that returns a Zero, and that's it.

I've attached my DSDT, just in case.

Once again, thanks for your help, It's nice to finally boot into OS X, specially after almost a week struggling to pass through the installation screen :)

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back