Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASRock P67 Extreme 4, XFX 5850 – 10.6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok here is my build:

CPU: core i5 2500k
MOBO: ASROCK p67 extreme 4 bios 2.10 (tried bios 1.7 same problem)
GPU: GTX 560 (tried a gtx 260 which works fine on my other OSX86 machine)
RAM: Gskill 8gb (2 sticks of 4g, but removed one for install so 4gb for install attempt)

Removed all usb devices/extra pci cards so that only mouse (usb) and keyboard (usb) were plugged in along with DVI plug for monitor.

Boot into iBoot 3, swap in SL retail (not sure which version of retail), wait a few secs.. press F5... tried to boot with no flags get the kernel panic (will explain below).. So i reboot do same thing except try using PCIRootUID=1 -x, same exact kernel panic!

The Kernel Panic is related to IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1387 -- im completely clueless how to fix this. can anyone please give me a hand on the problem here? Is there a CERTAIN SL Retail CD i need (10.6.0, 10.6.3, etc ?????) perhaps that is my problem, or a combination of that and something else?

*EDIT* -- One last thought... there are blue ports and white sata ports... pretty sure my cd drive, and the HDD need to be plugged into the sata 2 ports which are the blue ports, and they are currently (may have already tried it the other way cant remember though *cry*)

@odine
I have a caviar black on sata3 blu port and an optiarc dvd drive on sata2 white port.
try this:
F2->bios->enter storage options and then change both(they are 2) to ahci then set multiplier to manual and type 32.
Start iboot 304 and after f5 type PCIRootUID=1 -x -v
snow leopard 10.6.0 dvd boots at 100%

It's time to update to Lion, any suggestions/tips before I begin? scratches head... save time... lol

You most definitely need updatehelper, I just did a fresh install all the way to Lion 7.2

Welp, install went rather painless other than when I forgot to use update helper / ehh 3 hours wasted

updatehelper: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

Rough Guide:

1. place iboot into the drive
2. Install with iboot; take out iboot, place snow leopard in drive, hit f5, load
3. After welcome instructions, run updatehelper, restart, leaving iboot in
4. Install comboupdate 1.6.8
5. pop open multibeast, easy beast, repair permissions, network*, audio**, etc....
6. take out iboot from the drive
7. restart
8. download lion
9. Create a new partition
10. xmove, MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE YOUR INSTALLER PARTION, *** I fibered that and had to start from scratch
11. restart
12. choose installer on chimera
13. install
14. update to 1.7.2 causes audio "to not work correctly"
-simply manully deleting the kexts and reinstalling through multi beast worked

* Lnx2Mac's Networking Drivers, Realtek causes random kps with t*****ts, and large downloads
**ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, and Non-DSDT HDAEnabler 892

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help! I'm completely new to the Hackintoshing scene, but I was able to do a fresh install of 10.7.2 with your guide (and about 10 hours of trial-and-error). I used Unibeast so it doesn't really apply here, but I used most of the settings you outlined.

themole said:
You most definitely need updatehelper, I just did a fresh install all the way to Lion 7.2

Welp, install went rather painless other than when I forgot to use update helper / ehh 3 hours wasted

updatehelper: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

Rough Guide:

1. place iboot into the drive
2. Install with iboot; take out iboot, place snow leopard in drive, hit f5, load
3. After welcome instructions, run updatehelper, restart, leaving iboot in
4. Install comboupdate 1.6.8
5. pop open multibeast, easy beast, repair permissions, network*, audio**, etc....
6. take out iboot from the drive
7. restart
8. download lion
9. Create a new partition
10. xmove, MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE YOUR INSTALLER PARTION, *** I fibered that and had to start from scratch
11. restart
12. choose installer on chimera
13. install
14. update to 1.7.2 causes audio "to not work correctly"
-simply manully deleting the kexts and reinstalling through multi beast worked

* Lnx2Mac's Networking Drivers, Realtek causes random kps with t*****ts, and large downloads
**ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, and Non-DSDT HDAEnabler 892

Is there no way to install 10.7.2 from start and avoid 10.6.8?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unibeast, but if you don't have access to a computer with OSX you will need to install Snow Leopard first.

You can update from 10.6 I believe directly to Lion, but once you update to 10.6 you will have to purchase Lion from the app store.

The unibeast directions seem fairly easy.

Lensflare said:
Thanks for the help! I'm completely new to the Hackintoshing scene, but I was able to do a fresh install of 10.7.2 with your guide (and about 10 hours of trial-and-error). I used Unibeast so it doesn't really apply here, but I used most of the settings you outlined.

Awesome, I did mine for the first this summer. I keep a second hd with Win7 on it, but I havent gone back since I installed OSX.

I guess I'll keep it until there is maybe a game or two that will entice me back.

maybe the new counter strike?

The only negative is that i can't get DTS passthrough/Surround from .mkv/video files digitally to my Yamaha receiver.

I would buy an apple wireless keyboard, magic mouse, and a bluetooth module also. Well worth the $$ for full the experience.

Fantastic. Thanks so much, just about to give up & finally found yours, I have used it on a AsRock Fatal1ty P67 & it works just fine.

Thanks again.
Frank

Go to get the sound working.

Thank you TurbineSeaplane for this thread. I have this mobo and I have been able to install 10.6.8 with the help of this thread. There are many things relating to OS X that I'm trying to sort out and there are still issues with the install that I'm trying to sort out as well.

The most immediate issues include no sound and I can only boot from iboot.

Relating to the sound I'm not clear on how to set it up. I have no experience with kexts. How do I get sound to work? I installed multibeast 3.9.1. You posted that you simply went with the following options:
System Utilities (all)

Drivers/Kexts/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/ALC8xxHDA
Drivers/Kexts/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/AppleHDA Rollback
Drivers/Kexts/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Non-DSDT/ALC892

Drivers/Kexts/Disk/IOACHIBlockStorageInjector
Drivers/Kexts/Disk/JMicron36x/JMicron36x eSATA

Drivers/Kexts/Misc/EvOreboot
Drivers/Kexts/Misc/FakeSMC
Drivers/Kexts/Misc/NullCPUPowerManagement

Drivers/Kexts/Network/Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6

Customization/Boot Options/64-bit Apple Boot Screen
Customization/Boot Options/PCI Root ID Fix

System Definitions/iMac/iMac 12,2

Themes/tonymacx86 Remixed

How are the above options "installed"? Sorry for my ignorance. I have zero experience with macs.

Relating to needing to boot with iBoot. I'm using Chimera 1.6. Any advise on how I set up the computer so that I do not need iBoot CD to boot?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back