Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alternative to the minStolenSize patch with 32mb DVMT-prealloc

Hi,
I've had my Dell XPS 15, i7 - HD 530, working great since 10.12+. Updated up to 10.13.3 still all OK.
Now have upgraded to 10.13.4 -> cannot get the graphics card to work properly anymore. I'm stuck with 31MB:
Intel HD Graphics 530:
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 530
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 31 MB
VRAM (Dynamic, Max):
Vendor: Intel
Device ID: 0x191b
Revision ID: 0x0006
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

I have updated the various patches and tried, fStolenMemorySize, as well as the alternative 19MB + 9MB patch.
I have tried the IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, with Lilu...
So far, nothing has worked, I'm lost.
In the meantime I have also updated to 10.13.5...
The only way I can boot is with Fake ID or ig-platform-id set to 0x12345678.
But after rebuilding the caches nothing happens.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• bdmesg-out.txt
    92.2 KB · Views: 172
  • hackbook-ioreg-output.ioreg
    19.6 MB · Views: 148
  • CLOVER.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Hi,
I've had my Dell XPS 15, i7 - HD 530, working great since 10.12+. Updated up to 10.13.3 still all OK.
Now have upgraded to 10.13.4 -> cannot get the graphics card to work properly anymore. I'm stuck with 31MB:
Intel HD Graphics 530:
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 530
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 31 MB
VRAM (Dynamic, Max):
Vendor: Intel
Device ID: 0x191b
Revision ID: 0x0006
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

I have updated the various patches and tried, fStolenMemorySize, as well as the alternative 19MB + 9MB patch.
I have tried the IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext, with Lilu...
So far, nothing has worked, I'm lost.
In the meantime I have also updated to 10.13.5...
The only way I can boot is with Fake ID or ig-platform-id set to 0x12345678.
But after rebuilding the caches nothing happens.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

4k screens require CoreDisplayFixup.kext.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

4k screens require CoreDisplayFixup.kext.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

OK, I have updated CoreDisplayFixup.kext to v 1.3.6, required for 10.13.4+, and run update_dyld_shared_cache as suggested.
Still no luck so far. Here is the .zip from gen_debug.sh...

UPDATE: It's working now!
So thanks Rehabman!
It works but only with the fStolenMemorySize patch (updated for 10.13.4), and the updated CoreDisplayFixup.kext.
For some reason the alternative doesn't work for me... I'm still curious why that is, but mostly extremely happy that it's working again.

Cheers!

Attachments

• debug_8910.zip
    9 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
OK, I have updated CoreDisplayFixup.kext to v 1.3.6, required for 10.13.4+, and run update_dyld_shared_cache as suggested.
Still no luck so far. Here is the .zip from gen_debug.sh...

UPDATE: It's working now!
So thanks Rehabman!
It works but only with the fStolenMemorySize patch (updated for 10.13.4), and the updated CoreDisplayFixup.kext.
For some reason the alternative doesn't work for me... I'm still curious why that is, but mostly extremely happy that it's working again.

Cheers!

You have the 32mb patch disabled.
As one might expect, disabled patches have no effect.

You have the 32mb patch disabled.
As one might expect, disabled patches have no effect.

True, in the config.plist I have various patches disabled, which I enable at boot to test them one by one.
So far the 32mb has never worked for me (when I enable it and test it). Also in each of the previous macOs versions it didn't work.
The only one that has worked is fStolenMemorySize patch... I have no clue why that could be...
Anyway, now all is ok in 10.13.5. Until the next version I guess

True, in the config.plist I have various patches disabled, which I enable at boot to test them one by one.
So far the 32mb has never worked for me (when I enable it and test it). Also in each of the previous macOs versions it didn't work.
The only one that has worked is fStolenMemorySize patch... I have no clue why that could be...
Anyway, now all is ok in 10.13.5. Until the next version I guess

I can only comment on the files you actually provide...

hi RehabMan sir please provide me for Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.13.5

hi RehabMan sir please provide me for Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.13.5

No such patch needed or available for the hardware in your profile.

Sir i have a kabylake intel core i5-7200u 7th gen and intel hd graphic 620 therefore i need Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.13.5

Back