Contribute
Register

[Guide] Alternative to the minStolenSize patch with 32mb DVMT-prealloc

Here are the report files.

Attachments

• files.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 179
Exactly. I have removed the AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext in order to boot with a correct ig-platform-id with brightness control and HDMI out. If I keep that kext installed, It won't boot.

Exactly. I have removed the AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext in order to boot with a correct ig-platform-id with brightness control and HDMI out. If I keep that kext installed, It won't boot.

You should not expect QE if you remove the kext that provides it.

Of course I don't expect it to work this way. I just can't understand why it won't boot and hangs once graphics injection is done if the kext is installed.

Of course I don't expect it to work this way. I just can't understand why it won't boot and hangs once graphics injection is done if the kext is installed.

You would need to provide "Problem Reporting" data for that scenario.

See the screenshot of the verbose boot screen on post #43. It says that acceleration is running but it just freezes there. No HDD activity etc. That's the only "problem reporting" data I can provide since it won't boot.

See the screenshot of the verbose boot screen on post #43. It says that acceleration is running but it just freezes there. No HDD activity etc. That's the only "problem reporting" data I can provide since it won't boot.

You need to provide the EFI/Clover that corresponds.
And also kextcache output after booting in safe mode.
And ioreg from safe mode.

Here they are.

Attachments

• safe mode.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 177
Here they are.

Your kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need should be installed to the system volume (typically /L/E).
Only "essential" kexts should be in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Full discussion in post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

For some, ig-platform-id 0x16260006 is not working anymore in 10.12.5.
Some have been successful with 0x16260004.

Also, HECI should be renamed to IMEI.

Your ACPI is messed up. Look in your ioreg and you'll notice two HDEF objects... The @3 one should be HDAU, not HDEF.

Looking at ACPI/patched, I can see you didn't patch ACPI correctly (dynamic SSDTs should not be there). And you don't have the correct config.plist settings (DropOem=true required with patched SSDTs, and SortedOrder required to set SSDT load order).

Back