Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Alienware M17xR3 : It's almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey chrisjohnharden, I fixed all the errors on DSDT file. it was missing a bracket. just created unibeast usb stick with the intructions you have me earlier. i wasn't able to log into my old account. anyway, can i'll have it installed in about a couple hours, home you can help me than.

i used efi device properties to get my video card to work. but now my laptop screen does not work. only hdmi out. please help

applehacker said:
has anybody had success with the ATI 6970m/6990m working with qe/ci, NOT the intel HD 3000? I disabeld my HD3000 gpu, i tried graphicsenabler but its still not working.. I only get a blackscreen. Device id for 6990m and 6970m exist native in ati6000controller.kext, HDMI output works though.

I got it, but my tutorial is in Chinese.

M18X 6990m QE/CI

Hello !
I am into trouble, I have an oral presentation and I used Keynote to make slides but any of my video ports is able to output video to the projector.
It works for DP->DVI, HDMI and VGA ports in Windows.
I am running Lion 10.7.3. I tried with GE=Yes and GE=No, with kexts in /Extra/Extensions/ and in /S/L/Extensions/.
Enabling HD3000 or ATI6870M in Windows does not change anything. Can you help me please ?

Regards,
Val'

For some reason my account was completely deleted, I wasn't banned, or notified of any deletion, it just happened. Anyway I'm finally back from holidays and am going to be trying to see if I can get a few more things working (Accelerometer hopefully). I really hope this thread isn't dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back