Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

I could not found any info in "System Information=>Hardware=>Bluetooth" because it's empty clear. You can seen in pic #1
I tried to follow this instruction and I inserted in "BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController - MediaLink BT4.0 Adapter" values ProductID and VendorID on those from "System Information=>Hardware=>USB=>BCM20702A0" You can seen in pic #2
Bluetooth still not work. I think something values ProductID and VendorID must be in "System Information=>Hardware=>Bluetooth" but it's clear...

Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 20.56.05.jpgScreen Shot 2014-07-29 at 20.55.29.jpg

I tried to follow this instruction and I inserted in "BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController - MediaLink BT4.0 Adapter" values ProductID and VendorID on those from "System Information=>Hardware=>USB=>BCM20702A0"
Where does it say look in System Information/Hardware/Bluetooth?
Wise to use the guide, making up a new procedure always fails.
Attach plist you edited and a new IOReg.

THANKS for response! Files added. (info.plist from my_disk/System/L/E/IOBluetoothFamily/Contents/Plugins/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport/Contents/Info.plist
Sometimes I do not understand the guide w/o enough experience.
For example:
You have written "Property List Editor / Open / Desktop / IOBluetoothFamily / Contents / Plugins / BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport / Contents / Info.plist "
I thought I should open the file "IOBluetoothFamily.kext" using "Property List Editor" program ("CMD+O"), but actually there in the attached files kext (I did not know about it) and they should be open through the right mouse button click on kext and choosing "Show package Contents " as a result of the file open info.plist (Sorry for English! :silent:)
And I tried unsuccessfully to open file "IOBluetoothFamily.kext" using "Property List Editor". And got something like "Could not be opened". After 1/2 of the day I understood my mistake :crazy:

View attachment IOJones.ioreg
View attachment Info.plist

Can someone recommend me the cheapest possible plug and play full size (non half) mini pcie wifi card that wireless N?

And then, what would be the cheapest that includes dual band?

May be I stupid....
I took and edited info.plist in file bcm4352bt.kext that has been downloaded from yours GitHub page.
Than I moved the modified bcm4352bt.kext on Desktop and installed with KextBeast help.
And it's still not work.
Here is added files.
Sorry for "non understanding" :crazy:

View attachment IO_reg.ioreg

View attachment Info.plist

Hi, I have ar9285 but it acts really weird when I'm on battery power. The wifi randomly shuts off. I checked the system.log it says "Airport: Link Down on en0. Reason 8 (Disassociated because station leaving)". However, it works fine on AC power. Any clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back