Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need to replace RP04 w/ RP05 in the patch. then i can apply, compile.
do i also replace "compatible","pci14e4,43a0"\n w/ 4352?
Yes.
No, Instructions are clear, do not assume anything; failure is always the result.

Yes.
No, Instructions are clear, do not assume anything; failure is always the result.

Thanks got WI-Fi work:clap::clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup:, but no bluetooth I must of assume on something :crazy::banghead:

any ideas where genius human error was?

Attachments

• WI-FI-:NO_BLUETOOTH.png
    WI-FI-:NO_BLUETOOTH.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 134
  • WI-FI-:NO_BLUETOOTH2.png
    WI-FI-:NO_BLUETOOTH2.png
    109.5 KB · Views: 174
Okay, deleted kext and rebooted. Both the keyboard and the trackpad paired without issue (saved IOREG2 here). Of course, no my WiFi was nonexistent. I reinstalled the kext and, without rebooting, the WiFi connected again even though the notification bar up top still showed no hardware installed. I rebooted and the bluetooth maintained pairing and the WiFi is working perfectly (the 5GHz patch is still in effect as well).

Just for grins, to see if I could make new pairings I made my phone discoverable and it saw that too. Awesome stuff, thanks for your help, and I hope this helps others in the future!

Well spoke too soon. After shutting it off overnight I'm back to where I started, bluetooth will not discover any devices.

Attachments

• IOJONES.iojones
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
You posted a kext in the repo that only enables the BT of the wifi card, right? Is there a way to only enable the wifi in a new kext, and let the GMYLE adapter handle BT?

Is there a way to only enable the wifi in a new kext, and let the GMYLE adapter handle BT?
Two choices:
1. With the BT devices paired, remove Gymle. Verify BT devices working.
2. Install WiFi dsdt or ssdt and remove the bcm4352.kext.

Two choices:
1. With the BT devices paired, remove Gymle. Verify BT devices working.
2. Install WiFi dsdt or ssdt and remove the bcm4352.kext.

1. Deleted kext, rebooted, paired KB/TP, removed GMYLE - lost BT
2. I'm trying to do the ssdt, changed the ssdt in the repo to show RP05 in my case (the only change I made was that one character), but I'm lost at this step: "2. Enable SSDT (Chameleon/Chimera - DropSSDT, Clover - DropOem)"

I am using Chimera but googling revealed nothing on DropSSDT and I don't know what it is. Is it a boot flag? I have no idea how to set those.

Thank you

I have no idea how to set those.
What is different between the pdf and the info below?
Enable SSDT
Chimera
Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
add:
Code:
<key>DropSSDT</key> 
<string>Yes</string>

I have got a BCM43225 chip (pcie -half ) installed and working with ssdt-install. I see other networks, but not channel 12/13. Wifi works, BT works. The country code is set to US.

May I change the country code to UK via software, or do I have to rebrand the whole card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back