Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Toleda:!:
I popped in a BCM943225 HMB/AzureWave in my NUC Haswell and the Bluetooth worked out of the box. The SSDT method was a minute thing to install and then reboot.
So far it has been working very well.

Hi I am looking specifically for a PCIe Half Mini card which is going to work OOB with no fuss or edits necessary and also something that will be dual band. This machine will be built for a novice tech user and that's why I am looking to keep it as vanilla as possible.

Here is what I found that I am ready to purchase...

AzureWave AW-NE773 which has the Atheros AR5BHB92 chipset. I can pick it up brand new for $6 each from a local recycler !

Please let me know if this is exactly what I am looking for as far as OOB experience and also dual band with good performance.

Thanks

I have included a picture of the actual card to this post just for clarification as well.

Thanks so much for all your help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 5.02.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-21 at 5.02.39 PM.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 242
Hi I am looking specifically for a PCIe Half Mini card which is going to work OOB with no fuss or edits necessary and also something that will be dual band. This machine will be built for a novice tech user and that's why I am looking to keep it as vanilla as possible.

Here is what I found that I am ready to purchase...

AzureWave AW-NE773 which has the Atheros AR5BHB92 chipset. I can pick it up brand new for $6 each from a local recycler !

Please let me know if this is exactly what I am looking for as far as OOB experience and also dual band with good performance.

Thanks

I have included a picture of the actual card to this post just for clarification as well.

Thanks so much for all your help!

AR9280. Will work OOB. FYI: No BT on that card.

AR9280. Will work OOB. FYI: No BT on that card.

Thank you very much for your confirmation.

What other alternatives would you also possibly recommend?
I have been reading up on the combo wifi/BT mini half cards and it seems like everyone is having issues with the BT portion working properly. Is there anything yet that is OOB experience with perfect working wifi dualband and BT ?

Here is another option I was thinking of

Azurewave AW-NB290 which has combo wifi and BT 3.0

I can get this card for $12 each but I don't want to buy unless both functions will work OOB completely and Bluettoth will work with the Apple Magic Mouse, Apple Magic Trackpad and Apple Wireless Keyboard.

Whichever card I settle on....I will need to buy at least 10 of them for a little project we are doing including a bunch of Intel NUC boxes and that's why I am trying hard to do all the research up front before pulling the trigger to buy any card.

I really appreciate everyone's time and help sharing your knowledge and experiences!

Attachments

• front.JPG
    front.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 198
I am using a TP-Link TL-WN851ND wifi adapter with Atheros AR9287 Under OSX Maverick.

This card is well recognized OOB as Airport Extreme with Airdrop support but I soon as I click on the WIFI icon or try to go to the wifi settings, it freeze my system and I need to hard reset my PC.

Booting with CPUS=1 fixe the freeze issue and then I can use the WIFI...

I tried a lot of possible "fixes" found overall on the net, during several days but without any success...

I really lost hope but maybe somebody here could know a fix to my problem ?

Thanks in advancec for your help!

I'm finding kind of hard to identify the right board to buy from eBay. To be honest, I was hopeful I could find one locally here in Brazil through Mercado Livre, this is a search: http://lista.mercadolivre.com.br/atheros-ar5b195_OrderId_PRICE

But, once again, I'm not sure which one would work or not.

I believe it'd be cool if anyone could point out trusted sellers on ebay with the right parts. If anyone can help me out on mercado livre as well and point me out to the right one, thanks a lot.

10.9 - BCM4352/AW-CE123H BT Pairing

Testers needed:

[...]

3. Set BIOS/Advanced/USB Configuration/xHCI/Disabled (note current setting)

I recently purchased the IOGear GBU521 (as recommended by the tonymac build guide) to add bluetooth support to my hackintosh.

Well, what an interesting afternoon this has been. As has been written on these forums before, it appears that having xHCI enabled on a motherboard (mine is the ASUS P8P67 Pro) means that you are unable to pair any bluetooth device - even though the bluetooth adaptor is recognised in the system profiler on the Mac side of things, and is running on an eHCI USB hub.

I installed the included drivers on the Windows drive, and booted up into Windows 7. The adaptor had a very unstable connection, and become rather hot after 20 seconds of being connected to a standard USB 2.0 port. After that the adaptor was not recognised by the device manager in Windows again.

Given I did not want to permanently damage the bluetooth adaptor, I wanted to solve the issue purely in OS X. Following Toleda's advice for "testers needed", I have been able to pair my keyboard with the hackintosh by disabling "Legacy USB 3.0" support in the BIOS (and reverting it back to the previous setting upon the next restart).

It's a little bit inconvenient, but it's not everyday that I get a new bluetooth device.

I recently purchased Azurewave AW-CE123H to use with my Lenovo G580 model 20157. When i install the card and power on it does not boot up. It does not even show the bios. Is the card faulty or the card doesn't support my system. I checked both BCM4313 and BCM4352 the circuits are different. I have a feeling my 57 dollar is gone to waste. Can u help me find what's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back