Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
azurewave aw-ce123h bcm4352

it seems the guide on post#1 not really up-to-date

according to RehabMan:
No need to patch or install any ACPI files for BCM94352.
Using FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext + appropriate config.plist patch (depending on version) is adequate.

So try this,
Also check complete statement on this FAQ thread, under Q. WIFI blablabla...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

remember undo the steps you have followed by post#1,
but step 2-1-2 'Paste patch to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch' is also needed

BCM94352 requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (was FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext): https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- BrcmPatchRAM: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E. Make sure you read the README as the kexts you install depend on OS X version and installation location.
- 5Ghz patch for WiFi documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html
- handoff patch for bluetooth documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Did the 10.12.2 update break something? I can connect to my router fine and it does "work" but its just really really slow. And it gets timeout when loading webpages. Windows laptop on the same network can download 90mb/s and upload 30mb/s, so the problem is not in the router.. BCM94352 here.

azurewave aw-ce123h bcm4352

Requirements are simple:
- FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
- appropriate patch for 5ghz or 'fcvo' (depends on 10.11.x vs. 10.12.x)
- BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (bluetooth)
- handoff/hotspot patch for IOBluetooth

Did the 10.12.2 update break something? I can connect to my router fine and it does "work" but its just really really slow. And it gets timeout when loading webpages. Windows laptop on the same network can download 90mb/s and upload 30mb/s, so the problem is not in the router.. BCM94352 here.

Laptop questions should be directed in the appropriate laptop forum.
Be prepared to provide typical "Problem Reporting" files.

So I changed the SMBIOS product name.

At the first boot with iMac14,3 Airdrop worked and I could see handoff on my iPhone. But handoff couldn't be completed.
After the second and third boot handoff and Airdrop are no more working.

And now I am confused. In "About this mac" I see "iMac Late 2013" but in the System Profiler I see "MacPro3,1".

I'm seeing the exact same issues as you - i.e. Airdrop, Auto Personal Hotspot work and handoff works from Mac to iPhone but slow and never completes for iPhone to Mac.

Did you ever find a solution?

Requirements are simple:
- handoff/hotspot patch for IOBluetooth
So I need to install all of this??? or if I need just WiFi I need only - FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext withount
- handoff/hotspot patch for IOBluetooth ???

Yes. I've already used FakePCIID + PakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi kexts.

And you wrote that I need kexts+patches.
But in manual it says I need to make some settings in cofig.plist, DSDT, SSDT and ect. As I've tried many times but nothing heppened to have working wi-fi after.
Do I really need to make it like in manual or just install kexts + patches and it must works??

So I need to install all of this??? or if I need just WiFi I need only - FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext withount
- handoff/hotspot patch for IOBluetooth ???

Yes. I've already used FakePCIID + PakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi kexts.

And you wrote that I need kexts+patches.
But in manual it says I need to make some settings in cofig.plist, DSDT, SSDT and ect. As I've tried many times but nothing heppened to have working wi-fi after.
Do I really need to make it like in manual or just install kexts + patches and it must works??

For WiFi:

I have something weird going on. I'm on a Dell XPS 15 9550 with the OEM DW1830 (Broadcom BCM43602, 14e4:43ba). Sitting right next to the router (a Nighthawk X8) on 2.4Ghz with the router set for 40Mhz channel width, it negotiates 20Mhz width, 195Mb, speedtests at about 150/150Mbps. On 5Ghz 40Mhz width, it negotiates 40Mhz width at 450Mb, speedtests at 350/350Mb. So far so good, although I'm not sure why it won't do 40Mhz width on 2.4Ghz, but for me that's not a dealbreaker.

The weird thing is when I set my router to do 80Mhz channel width on the 5Ghz band. The laptop negotiates 450Mb at 40Mhz channel width. The card is supposed to support 80Mhz channels, but not a huge deal. However, it speedtests at 24/350Mb. The same upload as when the router is configured for 40Mhz channels, but abysmally slow download speed. Under Windows 10 it negotiates the full 80Mhz width at 1300Mb.

Anyone else seeing this behavior? I'm on 10.12.1, no wireless patches, just FakePCIID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back