Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda & RehabMan, you guys rock, thank you for all of your hard work.

Specs:
Lenovo U310 Touch
8gig RAM
BCM94352 HMB (whitelisted in BIOS)
10.10.5 Yosemite
Clover (current version)
All USBs working using RehabMan's DSDT edits for series 7 laptops

I have a Lenovo U310 Touch with the 94352 mini pcie card installed. BIOS is whitelisted (edit: whitelist is modified to accept this PCIE card). I have the SSDT Enabler from Toleda patched and Clover is loading the patch. The WiFi works great using this SSDT, it detects and connects to 5Ghz and sees the 2.4 Ghz bands as well. WiFi seems to be working no problem.

However I cannot get Bluetooth to work or recognize on the card at all. Toleda has a method for adding strings to the DSDT and patching the IOBluetoothFamily kexts in S/L/E and I've started messing with that but wanted to check with the community before I go too far--if I'm using the SSDT enablers for WiFi, do I also need to run these DSDT and Kext Patches to get the BT to work on the 94352?

I have patched the Kexts using Toleda's sh commands but that did not do anything. I then added the KextsToPatch strings in the Clover DSDT for BT Handoff but that still has no effect. I also tried installing (then uninstalled) RehabMan's BCRMPatchRAM kext (which based on what I can discern is only for using USB BT devices?) but that also has had no effect. I am using Yosemite and did not patch the BCRMPatchRAM2 (RehabMan's v2 of this kext).

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Responding to my own post: I ended up enabling BT by adding the bluetooth string to the plist in Clover (the handoff <dict>) then installing RehabMan's BCRMPatchRAM as well as the *Repo kext to S/L/E -- the SSDT enabler for the WiFI (including the 5Ghz WiFi) is also still in clover and continues to work for WiFi.

I don't know if this is the most efficient way to do it but as this is my last step to have a fully working U310 I think I'm in good shape.

I do still have one other issue, the WiFi does not reconnect to my network after the computer wakes from sleep. If anyone has suggestions on why this may be, I would appreciate it. Thank you,

I do still have one other issue, the WiFi does not reconnect to my network after the computer wakes from sleep. If anyone has suggestions on why this may be, I would appreciate it. Thank you,

Disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver.

Disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver.

Thank you and Kudos, RehabMan. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to fix it. The computer wakes from sleep just fine, even loads any previously open apps, etc. But even after 200 seconds the bluetooth and wifi do not reconnect or even seem to turn on (manually pushing "Turn Wifi on" does nothing either).

I have the graphics_PNLF and the ACPIBacklight.kext successfully installed as well.

Just so I have my own knowledge straight on how this works, RehabMan it appears that I do need to have the SSDT enabler on in order to successfully get the Wifi going. I like having it enabled this way and it's working well. Regardless, I still need to have this other method (using your BT modified kexts as well as having the DSDT Handoff <dict> in place) in place in order to get the 94352 BT working at all. Is that correct?

Thanks again.

Thank you and Kudos, RehabMan. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to fix it. The computer wakes from sleep just fine, even loads any previously open apps, etc. But even after 200 seconds the bluetooth and wifi do not reconnect or even seem to turn on (manually pushing "Turn Wifi on" does nothing either).

I have the graphics_PNLF and the ACPIBacklight.kext successfully installed as well.

Just so I have my own knowledge straight on how this works, RehabMan it appears that I do need to have the SSDT enabler on in order to successfully get the Wifi going. I like having it enabled this way and it's working well. Regardless, I still need to have this other method (using your BT modified kexts as well as having the DSDT Handoff <dict> in place) in place in order to get the 94352 BT working at all. Is that correct?

Thanks again.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thanks again RehabMan, let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks again RehabMan, let me know if you have any other questions.

Your kextcache output shows patched IOBluetoothFamily.kext is installed. Restore to vanilla. Use the Clover patch.
Also, all kexts should be installed to the system volume (kext injection is only for the installer/recovery partition booting).

Your config.plist is missing the 5ghz patch.
Remove the "compatible" injection for RP03.PXSX and use FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext instead.

Your kextcache output shows patched IOBluetoothFamily.kext is installed. Restore to vanilla. Use the Clover patch.
Also, all kexts should be installed to the system volume (kext injection is only for the installer/recovery partition booting).

Your config.plist is missing the 5ghz patch.
Remove the "compatible" injection for RP03.PXSX and use FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext instead.

Okay thank you, I'm going to follow up with just a couple of clarification questions if you don't mind:

I have the vanilla backup IOBluetoothFamily that won't be an issue. But by "Use Clover Patch" are you referring to the kextstopatch <dict> string that I already have in the plist?

Okay, All kexts should be installed to S/L/E? HAHA--Okay so for all these years I've been using clover (originally on my desktop and now on this U310) those kexts were never getting injected on normal OS boots? I got some more reading to catch up on, clearly ;-) Thank you for clarifying.

I can add the 5ghz plist <dict> entry but the 5Ghz is already working on the current setup using the SSDT. I think what you're saying here is to get rid of the SSDT (what you're calling the compatible injection) and use only the clover config.plist patches plus these two FakePCIID kexts installed in S/L/E ?

Thanks again for all of your help.

But by "Use Clover Patch" are you referring to the kextstopatch <dict> string that I already have in the plist?

Yes (note: I didn't check to see if the patch was entered correctly).

Okay, All kexts should be installed to S/L/E? HAHA--Okay so for all these years I've been using clover (originally on my desktop and now on this U310) those kexts were never getting injected on normal OS boots?

Simple rule: If you have InjectKexts=Detect, kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts are not injected when FakeSMC.kext is in kernel cache.
But best practice is to install all kexts you need to the system volume, so you you system can boot like a normal Mac.

I can add the 5ghz plist <dict> entry but the 5Ghz is already working on the current setup using the SSDT. I think what you're saying here is to get rid of the SSDT (what you're calling the compatible injection) and use only the clover config.plist patches plus these two FakePCIID kexts installed in S/L/E ?

The SSDT is injecting the "compatible" property. It is not needed with FakePCIID kexts. The FakePCIID kexts will also take care of Airport branding (you can remove any "branding patch" you might have).

AFAIK, 5ghz with BCM94352 does not work correctly without the 5ghz patch.

So I have a probook 4540s and I bought a bcm94352hmb wireless card and I replaced it in my laptop and wifi works but Bluetooth does not but I don't think it's OS X fault because I booted Windows and Bluetooth is not shown and I noticed a part on one of my antenna's where it's bent and copper wire is showing up could that be why Bluetooth is not showing up

So I have a probook 4540s and I bought a bcm94352hmb wireless card and I replaced it in my laptop and wifi works but Bluetooth does not but I don't think it's OS X fault because I booted Windows and Bluetooth is not shown and I noticed a part on one of my antenna's where it's bent and copper wire is showing up could that be why Bluetooth is not showing up

Make sure you followed the guide... including BIOS settings.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back