Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, specifically, doesn't work?

Bluetooth is not working. In the menubar and in the control panel I see "working" bluetooth. But I can't use Airdrop, Handoff or connect my bluetooth-mouse.
Also my os x can not go to sleep. System powers off and on again. And after a few hours the system reboots. Message after login: Your computer restarted because of a problem.

These are the only kextpatches for bluetooth:
- AirPortBrcm4360: 10.11-BCM94352-5GHz-DE-FCC-dv
- AirPortBrcm4360: 10.11-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot-lisai9093
- IOBluetoothFamily: IOBluetoothFamily - Continuity & Hand-off

Bluetooth is not working. In the menubar and in the control panel I see "working" bluetooth. But I can't use Airdrop, Handoff or connect my bluetooth-mouse.

Antenna problem? Have you tested the hardware on Windows?

Also my os x can not go to sleep. System powers off and on again.

Sounds like instant wake. Disable wake on USB in BIOS (and disable wake in bluetooth settings in SysPrefs).

And after a few hours the system reboots. Message after login: Your computer restarted because of a problem.

These are the only kextpatches for bluetooth:
- AirPortBrcm4360: 10.11-BCM94352-5GHz-DE-FCC-dv
- AirPortBrcm4360: 10.11-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot-lisai9093
- IOBluetoothFamily: IOBluetoothFamily - Continuity & Hand-off

There is no handoff/hotspot patch for AirPortBrcm4360.... only IOBluetoothFamily.

Hi there!
i already bought AzureWave AW-CB123H from ebay..
i test the card to my laptop to check if the item is working.
test on windows10 theres a wifi icon in the taskbar and searching other wifi ok but i cannot connect.
i thought it cannot seat properly so that i reseat the card . but same result cannot connect to the wifi. :(
download the latest driver but same result
ill check the physical adress of the card is FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:11 its weird not the same of the back of the wificard.

testing on el capitan i install need kext to work the wifi.
the wifi icon show in the bar but the same as the windows10 cannot connect any search wifi even if i configure no password in the wifi router :(
checking the system report / wifi the wan mac adress of the card is FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:11 not the same as the mac address indicate in the back sticker of the card.

my lapt top is samsung np370r4e-s05ph
i5 3210m
hd4000
4gb ram

i suspect that i bought a defective card :(
is there any way to check if the card is working? can you guys help me out?
thanks in advanced and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:
Antenna problem? Have you tested the hardware on Windows?

Previously I had disabled the unnecessary kextpatches. Now I deleted them and I can connect my mouse and iPhone over control panel. Also I can use the mouse.

There is no handoff/hotspot patch for AirPortBrcm4360.... only IOBluetoothFamily.

You are right. It was a copy&paste-mistake ^^

Sounds like instant wake. Disable wake on USB in BIOS (and disable wake in bluetooth settings in SysPrefs).

I checked the bios and I could not find any option like this. In system preferences I disabled this option now.
But it has no effect.

And Handoff and Airdrop still do not work :(

I checked the bios and I could not find any option like this. In system preferences I disabled this option now.
But it has no effect.

You can disable it with ACPI patches (see USB _PRW patches in laptop ACPI patching guide).

But maybe your USB configuration is not correct...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

And Handoff and Airdrop still do not work :(

Have you tried different country codes for the 5ghz patch?

Toleda & RehabMan, you guys rock, thank you for all of your hard work.

Specs:
Lenovo U310 Touch
8gig RAM
BCM94352 HMB (whitelisted in BIOS)
10.10.5 Yosemite
Clover (current version)
All USBs working using RehabMan's DSDT edits for series 7 laptops

I have a Lenovo U310 Touch with the 94352 mini pcie card installed. BIOS is whitelisted (edit: whitelist is modified to accept this PCIE card). I have the SSDT Enabler from Toleda patched and Clover is loading the patch. The WiFi works great using this SSDT, it detects and connects to 5Ghz and sees the 2.4 Ghz bands as well. WiFi seems to be working no problem.

However I cannot get Bluetooth to work or recognize on the card at all. Toleda has a method for adding strings to the DSDT and patching the IOBluetoothFamily kexts in S/L/E and I've started messing with that but wanted to check with the community before I go too far--if I'm using the SSDT enablers for WiFi, do I also need to run these DSDT and Kext Patches to get the BT to work on the 94352?

I have patched the Kexts using Toleda's sh commands but that did not do anything. I then added the KextsToPatch strings in the Clover DSDT for BT Handoff but that still has no effect. I also tried installing (then uninstalled) RehabMan's BCRMPatchRAM kext (which based on what I can discern is only for using USB BT devices?) but that also has had no effect. I am using Yosemite and did not patch the BCRMPatchRAM2 (RehabMan's v2 of this kext).

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back