Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you should attach an image of what you see in DPCIManager->PCI List.
Here you go man. Currently have this computer hardwired to my router. I truly appreciate any help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 7.35.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 7.35.10 PM.png
    327 KB · Views: 114
After a good night's sleep I'm back on this. I feel I am so close. I do not want to attach files on a public forum that contains sensitive information such as my ROM / MLB, MAC addresses, names etc. If someone is willing to help me, I am happy to provide the files to that person. I also don't think we should be asking people to publish confidential information on a public forum.

Anyway, my problem is handoff as I've been describing above... any help would be greatly appreciated. See my last few posts for full details.

Hmmmm, its definitely plugged into the motherboard. Is it just not recognizing it? Should I re-install to a different PCIe?

Try a different slot. Verify the hardware is present with DPCIManager->PCI List or 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal or Device Manager in Windows. Verify hardware is working in Windows. Then continue with OS X...

Try a different slot. Verify the hardware is present with DPCIManager->PCI List or 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal or Device Manager in Windows. Verify hardware is working in Windows. Then continue with OS X...

Have you got any thoughts on my issue?

Have you got any thoughts on my issue?

No thoughts without details... Clear description of the problem + files that show your system state...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

No thoughts without details... Clear description of the problem + files that show your system state...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Code:

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Code:

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Many thanks. Please find attached the ZIP file. Could you please let me know once you've downloaded it so I can remove it from the site as I don't like keeping this stuff up on here.

Code:

Code:

In terms of a clear description of the problem:

Everything works as expected except handoff.

When I first boot up, if I load up the calendar or web browser on my iphone, it will pop up on my Hackintosh, and I can click on it, and the handoff works exactly as expected. However, if I try and repeat that process, it will not work again - maybe in about 20 mins it does for another one off. I can sometimes go the other way from Hackintosh to iPhone - once on bootup but that is it.

The ROM / MLB that I have used is from a working iMac 2011 which is still being used today. The MLB is also used as the Board Serial Number. I generated my own serial number and did the checks to ensure its not an active serial number in use. I also did uuidgen for the smUUID.

iMessage works
Facetime works
App store works
iCloud works
Airdrop works
Answering a phone call on my hackintosh works (via the iphone)
Making a phone call on my hackintosh works (via the iphone)

I occasionally get this error in my console:

2/07/2016 1:02:27.234 PM sharingd[278]: 13:02:27.234 : SDActivityAdvertiser::continuity:didFailToStartAdvertisingOfType:withError: Activity (The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.identityservices.error error 200.))

Last edited:
Many thanks. Please find attached the ZIP file. Could you please let me know once you've downloaded it so I can remove it from the site as I don't like keeping this stuff up on here.

From ioreg, everything looks fine (eg. setup is correct regarding BT).

Incompatibilities are still possible as well as OS X bugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back