Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man oh man. sorry to be annoying. if i buy this
http://www.amazon.com/Antennas-802-11AC-BCM94360CD-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B00RCKZ3SU/

i look at the PCIe adapter pin connector and my half mini it will not fit into my mPCIe.

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 9.16.24 PM.pngIMG_0959.jpgIMG_0957.jpg

then my adapter has male pin connectors that are on the right. its goes right into the mother board.
how do i get around that?

IMG_0958.jpgthis on the bottom is the connector for the SSD the NGFF. i don't know where I'm going to plug it in my motherboard is a maximus impact vi.

here is the MPCIe socket i guess that is where the adapter goes correct? I'm just confused because the adapter doesn't look like it will go in to the MPCIe.
Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 9.44.58 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 9.43.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 9.43.38 PM.png
    532.4 KB · Views: 93
I have a BCM4352 and think I followed the instructions correctly. The good news is everything works, wifi, bluetooth, 5ghz handoff. Occasionally however it just refused to pick up my magic mouse (yet 5Ghz handoff still works and the computer thinks everything is just fine). Despite reboots it will never recognize any paired devices or let me pair a new device. The only way to get it working is to boot into windows and then reboot into OS X and then suddenly it works again. Only happens every once in awhile but it's killing the wife-acceptance-factor of the solution. Any ideas:

BCM4352
El Capitan
Using Clover
BRCMFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRAM2 in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11

AirPortBrcm4360 from 6B100000750D to 6B1000009090 (comment: 10.11-BCM94352-Airport-Extreme)
AirPortBrcm4360 from 4183FCFF742C48 to 66C7065553EB2B (comment: 10.11-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv)
IOBluetoothFamily from 4885FF7447488B07 to 41BE0F000000EB44 (comment: 10.11-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot-lisai9093)

The behavior seems to appear if i'm playing with USB a lot. Any ideas?

Thanks. I looked at the readme again and realized I should have used BrcmFirmwareData. I made the change and the log file looks happier.

The guide at the start of the thread is snipped. On 3.2.3 for Clover it seems to indicate EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 is a valid install location for BrcmFirmwareRepo (despite the readme saying otherwise). Maybe a parenthetical after 3.2.3 saying to use BrcmFirmwareData instead would be helpful to others. In any event, thanks for the help.

Bluetooth 4LE (10.11 - all versions)

1. BT injection - RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM (2 kexts required)
    1. REAMDME/RehabMan Fork Downloads (both kexts included, Release)
      1. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
      2. BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
  2. Installation (1 or 2, not both)
    1. Chameleon - use kext installer
      1. System/Library/Extensions/
      2. Library/Extensions/
    2. Clover (select one location: 1 or 2 - use kext installer or 3)
      2. Library/Extensions/
      3. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

Thanks. I looked at the readme again and realized I should have used BrcmFirmwareData. I made the change and the log file looks happier.

The guide at the start of the thread is snipped. On 3.2.3 for Clover it seems to indicate EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 is a valid install location for BrcmFirmwareRepo (despite the readme saying otherwise). Maybe a parenthetical after 3.2.3 saying to use BrcmFirmwareData instead would be helpful to others. In any event, thanks for the help.

Bluetooth 4LE (10.11 - all versions)

1. BT injection - RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM (2 kexts required)
    1. REAMDME/RehabMan Fork Downloads (both kexts included, Release)
      1. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
      2. BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
  2. Installation (1 or 2, not both)
    1. Chameleon - use kext installer
      2. Library/Extensions/
    2. Clover (select one location: 1 or 2 - use kext installer or 3)
      2. Library/Extensions/
      3. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

README has accurate instructions.

Recommended/best way is to /L/E (10.11 only) or /S/L/E.

Hello everybody,

Recently I installed an AR9285 based WiFi card (Atheros AR5B95) and I'm using toledaARPT.kext method in order to get it working with proper injection.
Now I'm curious why this kext injection method is listed as deprecated and what is
recommendatory in this situation?

Hello everybody,

Recently I installed an AR9285 based WiFi card (Atheros AR5B95) and I'm using toledaARPT.kext method in order to get it working with proper injection.
Now I'm curious why this kext injection method is listed as deprecated and what is
recommendatory in this situation?

I like to use ProBookAtheros.kext. It only has the missing personalities for Atheros WiFi (no bluetooth conflicts), and works on 10.6.8 -> 10.11.x.

https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch

ok So I am not sure what I am missing here. I added the dsdt edit for my Azurewave BCM94352HMB Combo card. I installed the RamPatch2 in clover kext 10.11 and the repo in the system/library/extensions folder. My wifi works but it will not pick up my bluetooth. The only way it works is if I use btuploader.kext. However when I do I loose handoff support. So I am not sure what it is I am doing wrong here. I even tried the clover patches and still nothing for bluetooth.

ok So I am not sure what I am missing here. I added the dsdt edit for my Azurewave BCM94352HMB Combo card. I installed the RamPatch2 in clover kext 10.11 and the repo in the system/library/extensions folder. My wifi works but it will not pick up my bluetooth. The only way it works is if I use btuploader.kext. However when I do I loose handoff support. So I am not sure what it is I am doing wrong here. I even tried the clover patches and still nothing for bluetooth.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Note: Both BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext should be installed to /S/L/E (or /L/E).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back