Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman,

First off, Thank you for all your hard work.

I have a Broadcom BCM943331CD apple card on a pci-e x 1 slot and it was working both Wifi and sometimes bluetooth. I did a clean install of El Capitan and now only Wifi will work. I see on your github site and have downloaded the RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2015-1001 archive. I will attempt to try the BrcmBluetoothInjector kext first, the question is where do I put that? EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11, S/L/E or L/E? I would rather have bluetooth over WIFI as working since I am already connected via ethernet.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• bmc94331cd_a.jpeg
    bmc94331cd_a.jpeg
    46.5 KB · Views: 112
  • hardware_usb_device_native.jpg
    hardware_usb_device_native.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 135
Thank you for response!
But it doesn't help, system stops to boot with error (system uptime in nanoseconds) when WI-Fi controller enable in m/b bios.
Bluetooth controller is enable and system boots ok, but there no BT in system at all.

You will need to post a photo of the KP.

Hi Rehabman,

First off, Thank you for all your hard work.

I have a Broadcom BCM943331CD apple card on a pci-e x 1 slot and it was working both Wifi and sometimes bluetooth. I did a clean install of El Capitan and now only Wifi will work. I see on your github site and have downloaded the RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2015-1001 archive. I will attempt to try the BrcmBluetoothInjector kext first, the question is where do I put that? EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11, S/L/E or L/E? I would rather have bluetooth over WIFI as working since I am already connected via ethernet.

Thanks in advance.

From the images you provide, I don't see a BT device on the USB bus... so you have a USB problem to solve first.

From the images you provide, I don't see a BT device on the USB bus... so you have a USB problem to solve first.

Ok, I suspect so. Perhaps, I will toggle the pci-e broadcom 2-wires connector among the three USB slots: USB78, USB910 USB1112 and see if that will restore power to both wifi + bluetooth.

Thanks again for your response.

I used to be cool and know things, now I have old man hands and bang the computer and wonder why pressing the same key over and over does not work. I'm not sure I really understand any of these guides but I at least attempt to follow them. Getting my Wifi and sound card to work on my Hackintosh was quite possible the most painful experience of my month! In any event, I now have a working El Captain hack and its verys table and fast... except the BT does not work. I am more than a little out of my depth here and would appreciate the most lucid of responses.

My Motherboard is an Asus Maximus VI Impact and a 4790K chip.
(P.S. If getting a new mPCIe card would make things go easier, I'd do that)

bones-clover-config
bones-DPCIStatus
bones-DPCIDetails
bones-IOJones

Sorry.

Here they are.

Attachments

• bones-clover-config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 212
  • bones-DPCIManager-Details.png
    bones-DPCIManager-Details.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 122
  • bones-DPCIManager-Status.png
    bones-DPCIManager-Status.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 156
  • bones-IOJones.iojones
    2.7 MB · Views: 101
You will need to post a photo of the KP.
Hi!
Yesterday i got working wi-fi!
And BT appeared in "About This Mac - System Report".
The reason for "System uptime in nanoseconds" error when i switch Wi-Fi controller in m/b bios to "Enable" was ACPI -> DSDT -> Fixes -> FixAirport_4000=Yes in Clover's config.plist
I deleted this string and system boots OK. Then i installed kexts you advised me, patch Clover's config.plist and got 5GHz too. Now i have working wi-fi.

But BrcmPatchRAM.kext doesn't help me to get working BT. I tried BrcmPatchRAM2.kext too but with zero result. BT not appeared in "About This Mac - System Report".
Only when i used BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext bluetooth appeared in system. I added necessary patches and got Handoff-Hotspot features too.
But all of this only in System Report! :D Because in real bluetooth doesn't work.
It works only if i boot El Capitan after Yosemite, and it stops if i reboot El Capitan (but information about BT is available everywhere - in System Report, in System Preferences etc.)
So i think BT firmware can not upload (when i start El Capitan after Yosemite firmware uploaded by Yosemite, so BT is working).
So, what can i do more?
Thank you for advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back