Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OS X never recognized the WiFi card until I installed the kext with KextBeast, so I don't know what happened. I had to reinstall OS X at one point because the system would keep locking up and OS X never recognized the WiFi card until I used KextBeast to install IO8211Family.kext and toledaARPT.kext. I did remember that the second time I installed OS X that Ethernet worked without doing anything, I set up my Hack with the internet and the AppStore worked when I started it up.

Do a fresh install.

Do a fresh install.
Now it says no WiFi hardware installed, I have installed the toledaARPT.kext and it still says no WiFi hardware installed.

This is what I got when I did "Save As"

Attachments

• iMac.ioreg
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
This is what I got when I did "Save As"

Your device is 168c:002d, AR9227 (not AR9287 as you state in post #1051).

It is not listed as compatible in post #1, therefore not supported.

Your device is 168c:002d, AR9227 (not AR9287 as you state in post #1051).

It is not listed as compatible in post #1, therefore not supported.
Ok, I went ahead and replaced it at the store I shop for PC parts

NOTE: This is cross-posted from a user build thread about the Intel NUC DC3217BY. I thought it might be of more general interest, so I'm reposting it here, asking for forgiveness in advance.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get wifi working on my Intel NUC with Yosemite (and Clover). I have the DC3217BY variant (no Ethernet), and I have a Mini PCIe card that identifies itself in DPCIManager as a Broadcom BCM43224 (VendorID 14e4, DeviceID 4353).

This setup worked perfectly with Mountain Lion. I used the toledaARPT.kext enabler then (with Chimera), but that isn't working now with Yosemite and Clover. I've also tried the SSDT injection method to no avail. I'm trying to avoid building a DSDT or using kext edits (which don't survive future updates).

So DPCIManager can see the card, but Yosemite doesn't think there are any network devices installed. Does anyone have any insights (better yet, a solution!)?

Also (separate issue, off topic here), System Information says no Thunderbolt hardware was found - where's the Thunderbolt interface?

NOTE: This is cross-posted from a user build thread about the Intel NUC DC3217BY. I thought it might be of more general interest, so I'm reposting it here, asking for forgiveness in advance.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get wifi working on my Intel NUC with Yosemite (and Clover). I have the DC3217BY variant (no Ethernet), and I have a Mini PCIe card that identifies itself in DPCIManager as a Broadcom BCM43224 (VendorID 14e4, DeviceID 4353).

This setup worked perfectly with Mountain Lion. I used the toledaARPT.kext enabler then (with Chimera), but that isn't working now with Yosemite and Clover. I've also tried the SSDT injection method to no avail. I'm trying to avoid building a DSDT or using kext edits (which don't survive future updates).

So DPCIManager can see the card, but Yosemite doesn't think there are any network devices installed. Does anyone have any insights (better yet, a solution!)?

Read post #1 regarding SMBIOS whitelist.

Broadcom Device_IDs (Vendor_ID: 14e4)
2. Supported Device_IDs (injection required)
    1. 43b1 - BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H, 2.4/5 GHz, ac+abgn, 2 stream, 867 Mbs + BT4LE

ishot-2.jpg

This seems to be my match. Unfortunately installing the BrcmPatchRAM.kext doesnt solve the none working bluetooth.

Code:
$     cat /var/log/system.log | grep -i brcm[fp]
Mar 28 13:47:15 tk-pb4540s-macosx com.apple.kextd[14]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM.kext"
Mar 28 13:47:15 tk-pb4540s-macosx kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Firmware store start
Mar 28 13:47:18 tk-pb4540s-macosx com.apple.kextcache[8008]: WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM.kext"
Mar 28 13:48:24 localhost kernel[0]: BrcmPatchRAM: Firmware store start

Read post #1 regarding SMBIOS whitelist.

Thanks - after a lot of hair pulling and gnashing of teeth, I realized I was missing a step - the one where I had to change the SMBIOS system ID to MacBookAir5,2. Once I did that, the patch I had already done to the AirPortBrcm4360.kext plugin worked.

Thanks toleda, though I often have a difficult time following your guides because they are SO technical and precise, this one is as impeccably written as all the others.

Now I can tackle HDMI audio and Thunderbolt. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back